What it used to be like.

fbloke

There is a great thread dedicated to the plans and developments that lie ahead for City, City fans and the area around COMS.

Its very exciting and will almost certainly mean that City are the talk of world football.

I thought it might be nice to look back at what it used to be like at City.

27yv87n.png

-- Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am --

1t07zm.png
<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:17 am --<br /><br />
fvecm8.png

that top pic is older than me i reckon, i remember that prefab building though.

when you see these pics it makes you want to turn the clock back to those times.

thanks for posting them.

de niro said:
that top pic is older than me i reckon, i remember that prefab building though.

when you see these pics it makes you want to turn the clock back to those times.

thanks for posting them.

That old prefab was my very first class room when joined the nursery at st Edwards aged 4

Thanks for that pick it brings back sooo many memories i shall keep it for my GD

This reminds me of something I wanted to do anyway. Many will know this, but others will not.

29ysabo.jpg

This picture is simply called Manchester City versus Sheffield United. It relates to a game in the old second division in 1983 which City won 3-2. Lowry (who spent his final days in Glossop) was by various accounts a City fan though his most famous football picture 'going to the match' features Burnden Park. As I understand it the picture was sold to a private buyer in 2008 for something approaching £1m. This a part of our heritage and history of which I for one am particularly proud.

It really makes me laugh when the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea sing that we have no history...

Chris in London said:
This reminds me of something I wanted to do anyway. Many will know this, but others will not.

29ysabo.jpg

This picture is simply called Manchester City versus Sheffield United. It relates to a game in the old second division in 1983 which City won 3-2. Lowry (who spent his final days in Glossop) was by various accounts a City fan though his most famous football picture 'going to the match' features Burnden Park. As I understand it the picture was sold to a private buyer in 2008 for something approaching £1m. This a part of our heritage and history of which I for one am particularly proud.

It really makes me laugh when the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea sing that we have no history...[/quote]

See thats where you wrong because HISTORY as all these fans call it starts inn 1992 with the invention of the Premiership.... unless you Liverpool

For the folks who have said the pics I put up arent of Maine Road, I dont doubt you but they are listed in Manchester Archives as being Maine Road so I am going off that rather than personal knowledge.

This one might bring back memories

34ifdd2.png
<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 am --<br /><br />For some of the young uns around these parts...

1z6uwm0.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.