what job did you want to do as a kid?and did you achieve it?

mammutly said:
I wanted to join the Royal Navy, so I did.

Did my basic training at HMS Raleigh, thought about staying in after but didn't.

I went to college and then University (with 2 years off being a builder) and sort of ended up here. It was never a vocation for me like it is for a lot of people. I'm happier out of the NHS with all that doctor politics bullshit.
i did my basic training at HMS Raleigh in the early 70s,but didnt stay in for long after that i was to young just 15 when i joined,i think if i had waited till i was 20 or so might have made career out of it

Jay-Mcfc said:
svennis pennis said:
Jay-Mcfc said:
Designer (hopefully)

Start my last year of college in September. Then it's Uni. Fingers crossed :-).

What design jay?
Anything really. Not really thought into depth about that yet, but I'm sure it will be more clear next year :).

Do you do a designing course by any chance?

Yes pal, I'm studying Graphic Design.

svennis pennis said:
Jay-Mcfc said:
svennis pennis said:
Jay-Mcfc said:
Designer (hopefully)

Start my last year of college in September. Then it's Uni. Fingers crossed :-).

What design jay?
Anything really. Not really thought into depth about that yet, but I'm sure it will be more clear next year :).

Do you do a designing course by any chance?

Yes pal, I'm studying Graphic Design.

Cool, what Uni are you at?

Did you have to do a foundation course before hand?

Jay-Mcfc said:

Im at Portsmouth uni. Its one of the better ones for Graphics. I did a foundation because I had mainly been studying product design and didnt feel it was relevant when applying. Great course though and dont think I would enjoy anything else. Always wanted to be a designer when growing up, now my aim is to graduate and start my own company, which I am laying the foundations for at the moment.

svennis pennis said:
Jay-Mcfc said:

Im at Portsmouth uni. Its one of the better ones for Graphics. I did a foundation because I had mainly been studying product design and didnt feel it was relevant when applying. Great course though and dont think I would enjoy anything else. Always wanted to be a designer when growing up, now my aim is to graduate and start my own company, which I am laying the foundations for at the moment.
Wow Portsmouth, I was looking more locally like Manchester Met, Leeds Met etc. But I'd be willing to move out of Manchester.

My strongest skill would have to be my drawing; do you do a lot of that on the course? Or is it more Photoshop?

*Sorry for all the questions, I pick my Uni's next year, and just want an insight of what your course consists of*

mammutly said:
Numptyed said:
I always wanted to be one of the Queens guard's with the fook off big hats or a HGV driver.

Did the HGV driving but couldnt stay awake well driving and almost killed my self on the M25 so now I have my own car valet business.

Serious question. How is having your car valeted better than cleaning it yourself?

Just that you don't have to do it, most cars I do are office workers and women they go in work with a dirty car and go home in a nice clean one, no waiting around and on Sunday thay get to do what they want all day insted of spending an hour washing and vacuming the car.
It's all about conveniance and laziness realy. I always enjoyed doing my own and would never of payed any one to do it.

frothy said:
mammutly said:
I wanted to join the Royal Navy, so I did.

Did my basic training at HMS Raleigh, thought about staying in after but didn't.

I went to college and then University (with 2 years off being a builder) and sort of ended up here. It was never a vocation for me like it is for a lot of people. I'm happier out of the NHS with all that doctor politics bullshit.
i did my basic training at HMS Raleigh in the early 70s,but didnt stay in for long after that i was to young just 15 when i joined,i think if i had waited till i was 20 or so might have made career out of it

I was there in 1980. After basics I was advised to go and do A' levels and then apply to Davenport. I had that in my head for ages afterwards and even when I finally went off to Uni I had thoughts of being a medical officer.

i actually wanted to be a zooligist but decided the accountancy route was more fruitful for my career

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.