What other sporting teams

Other football-Dagenham & Redbridge, And I just enjoy foreign football generally.
Rugby Union-Leicester Tigers.
Rugby League-Wigan Warriors
Cricket-Surrey Lions.
Tennis-Rafael Nadal, but I generally enjoy it.
F1-Michael Schumacher, but no real preference.
Golf-Sergio Garcia and Nicklas Fasth.

etc. etc.

Football - Bury, Barca. Dont know why Bury, maybe because they are local and i like following a smaller team. Barca just because of the football they play and watching the best players in the world. Been following them for a good few years now since the Rijkaard era.

Cricket - Lancs, England and Kearsley CC. Lancs because im a manc and love cricket. Dont get to many matches but love watching them on the box. England because i love the sport and love watching the Ashes and the rest of test cricket. Kearsley CC because thats where i live, go watching them a few times a year.

Rugby League - Wigan Warriors - A family thing really with my Uncle following them and got into the sport so decided to follow him and support them. Not been brilliant the past few years but last year was brilliant and to beat the scum in the grand final rounded off a brilliant season.

NFL - Indianapolis Colts. The 1st ever game i watched was the 2006 Superbowl which was Colts v Bears. Didnt really know much about the sport but took a liking to the Colts and managed to learn a few players names and the rules in the game. Followed them avidly since and its brilliant to watch players like Peyton Manning in his prime(arguably the best QB ever).

CFB (College Football) - Boise State. Since i took an interest in the NFL i decided that id give CFB a go and have a look at the future NFL stars. I just love how important and how big college sport is in the states and the level is very good. I didnt know much about the teams but i wanted a team who where small but had potential and they showed that last season. They where just 1 win away from a BCS bowl appearance but lost in overtime. They have 2 players expected to high in the draft this year and cant wait for next season already.

I've started watching a lot of Ice Hockey, so in the SM Liiga I do try to get to a few Kärpät games when they play either of the Helsinki teams. Unfortunately they're in Oulu, so a bit difficult to get up there in the winter

To be honest I only chose them because Kärpät are stoats or ferret type animals and it seemed an ace creature to name a professional sports team after, better than the normal lions or tigers

Apart from that, don't really have much feelings towards any other teams at anything. The wife is a big Dunfermline Athletic fan, so hope they do well though

Football - Oldham Athletic
Rugby League - Oldham Roughyheads
Cricket -Lancs CC
American Football - Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL - Pittsburgh Penguins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.