What part of the world would you class as the most Mancunian?

My older brother often talks of a pub in Ancoats where the landlady came in to my grandad’s shop in Miles Platting and bought ten pounds of spuds, five pounds of carrots, four pounds of onions and a quarter pound of mince(!) because she was making a hot pot for the pub’s football team, which was virtually vegan!
whatever happened to nu cross

Do you remember new issy baths mate

They didn't have proper doors on the changing cubicles, just navy and white striped curtains that had matted in the middle. Very exciting for young lads watching the girls get changed on the opposite side. The water was bloody freezing, which was probably just as well under the circumstances!

Just looking at some maps of Ancoats and I'm wondering why Ancoats hospital is not in "Ancoats"?
When I was a kid "Ancoats" was the hospital.
ahh ancoats hospital, i can still smell it now as i spent many an hour in there waiting to be stitched up after one of the many mishaps i had while playing on the tip or getting bitten by a dog!

They didn't have proper doors on the changing cubicles, just navy and white striped curtains that had matted in the middle. Very exciting for young lads watching the girls get changed on the opposite side. The water was bloody freezing, which was probably just as well under the circumstances!
Don’t forget the black jack’s and cockroaches

I spent some time in Clayton and that was very Mancunian. Almost everybody I knew was local with Manchester accents etc.

The worst part of Manchester I’ve lived in was Longsight as a student. We were absolute outcasts in the area and there was trouble on a few occasions.

I can’t see myself living in the North West again. It’s been three spells now and I never truly settled despite having good friends or a job I liked. I still like to visit though.

Ha! I used to work in the St Thomas Centre on the green from 92-97. In the Church Inn next door at lunch time. Is it still going?
I'm not in Ardwick anymore. St Thomas' was my school in the 70s. The church closed a while ago. For such a poor area, that bit of Ardwick had a lot of history. Glad I'm out though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.