What players do you remember and what players do you forget that you remember?

This nincampoop in net. After we‘d seen this on Tele me and my mates used to “do a Siddall” and various pisstaking derivative “siddalls” in the playground.
To my horror he signed for us a couple of years later.

Comic genius Garth Crooks probably had him team of the week after gifting him this.

A load of Scottish players under Billy McNeil.
Derek Parlane,Duncan Davidson,Jim Melrose and Gordon Smith.
Paul Ritchie more recently.
Arthur Mann.
My family had moved to Edinburgh and I became a Hibs fan as well as a City one.
Mann went from a Gorgie c*nt to a star overnight.

Sure there was another Scot called Dom Sullivan?, who probably played about 2 or 3 games for us under Mcneill, have no recollection of him, just remember the name.
Ken Mcnaught, another one from North
of the border, do remember he played loads of games for Aston Villa but again don't remember any of his games for us (think he was on loan?)
I cannot remember Dom Sullivan or Ken McNaught playing for City.
I believe McNaught won the league and European cup with Villa.
Sullivan it looks like he never played for City.

Kiki Musampa
Quite liked Kiki, remember he was quite popular with the City fans. Looking back I actually thought he got quite a few goals for us but only scored 4 times apparently!
Ones I do remember were a last minute winner against Liverpool and that one against Boro when our Keeper David James went upfront and Fowler missed the last min penalty .

I started following City in 2010-11.

I think in that season.. we thought we had a promising squad that could challenge for the league till we got a red card at home and then thrashed 0-3 by Arsenal. Think Nasri actually scored against us in that game.

Still can't remember who the player was who got the red.

Never looked it up.. part of my fascination of early days following City, didn't know everyone but David Silva still stood out as the best player on the team!

I cannot remember Dom Sullivan or Ken McNaught playing for City.
I believe McNaught won the league and European cup with Villa.
Sullivan it looks like he never played for City.
Just had a quick look at Dom Sullivan's City playing 'career' (from a bluemoon feature on former players).
Apparently he played at Torquay in a goalless draw in a League Cup game in 1983, don't think he'll be getting a statue!
Unfortunately, I had the 'pleasure' of being at that one (Torquay away midweek, that was a trek, fuck knows why I did that one!) Must have been why I bizarrely remembered the name?

The big one 10 years earlier was Arthur Numann who ended up at Rangers. One of the rising stars of Dutch football and if memory serves me correctly even the Dutch manager pipes up to say he should not move to City. From memory that was the start of my Clubcall addiction following this transfer.
Christian Dailly was another who was heavily linked with us without signing round this era. Christian made up for not signing by heading us in front in the Blackburn promotion match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.