What separates us from the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc...

fulhamroad22 said:
The difference is ability to play as a team. City need a Mourinho type manager to really bond the team. The City of the past two seasons remind me of Chelsea under Ranieri in the first stage of big spending- able to get the big results, but ultimately not consistent enough and prone to fall apart. Mancini's negative tactics don't help, but his tactics can also be very effective.

Nail on head.

chelsea, arsanel, rags, spuds all play entertaining football and are good to watch, but sadly our games are dull and boring and i usually find myself on the edge of my seat shouting and yelling. C'mon City pull your finger out. i get sick of staying up to the wee hours of the morning watching tripe.

The commentator mentioned something that makes a point - we passed the ball around too slow, and the team, in an entirety, doesn't seem to have the desire to win.

Like Mancio says: "It iz important zat we improve."<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:45 pm --<br /><br />
chris63 said:
chelsea, arsanel, rags, spuds all play entertaining football and are good to watch, but sadly our games are dull and boring and i usually find myself on the edge of my seat shouting and yelling. C'mon City pull your finger out. i get sick of staying up to the wee hours of the morning watching tripe.

THIS. I think I'm gonna get slagged probably for this, but I really wish we were playing some fast-paced, quick-tempo and entertaining game. I watched the Rags and Spuds game, in comparison to ours, there was a huge diff.

City doesnt have the attacking capabilities to last the whole season, I said before your dependence on Tevez is much bigger than any teams dependence on one player. Its not about what you do against the top teams, but its about breaking the smaller teams consistently and there's simply not enough attacking play to do that

They play attack, we play defence and wait for Tevez Miracle

They have 11 Tevez type of players, we have only one.

They play better without ball and always position well, we don't

They have more creative players than us

Is that they will never have back to back defeats this season!

The reason for that is Mancini and his tactics and appalling man management. Without tevez, we needed Bellamy and his fire yesterday, but where is he? Nice one berty!

Mancini is there because of Garry the clown thinks he was the right man for the job?? Did a single city fan last November, say let's get a top flight manager like Mancini?

Typical city, win the football lottery and then let coco the clown spend the money!

They all have 8-9 first teamers who have played together for years and understand how each other play, couple that with talent and you get consistent performances and wins.

We changed our system twice in the last 3 years and only have two players who have played in the first team consistently since the takeover (Kompany and De Jong after that January). Our side is just now getting settled under Mancini and we lost one of the most important parts in how we scored goals last year with Bellamy gone and also our first team changing around so much since last year (No Ade, Toure/Silva/Milner added, Johnno getting less time).

It'll take a lot more time and understanding before we're at their level consistently.

Chelsea , Arsenal and the rags have had so much more experience than we have . They have been doing this for years , they know what it takes to go and win the game no matter what . Our mistake quite alot of the time is we sit off after we take the lead like yesterday , blackpool and newcastle. We score , sit off and let them come at us . We have to keep the intensity up until we can kill the game off . Until we learn how to do that then the results like yesterday may happen every once in a while .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.