What Striker Next? Hit or Miss

I'm impressed!

Don't worry about pricks like Riley. Just because he can never reach your level of knowledge, he's just trying to drag you down to his. His posts tells us all we need to know about his character.

Diego Forlan - The blonde headed one, who is also known as Sally Gunnell by City fans, has been a revelation in La Liga since moving there from Stretford in 2004. He has played 172 games with both Villareal and Athletico Madrid scoring 102 goals. There is no doubt this guy has quality, but not the physicality needed for the Premiership. (Miss)

Edin Dzeko - Edin joined Wolfsburg from Teplice in 07 and has been a hit with the Bundesliga outfit right from the start. He scored 5 goals in his first 12 games, and also set up another 3 for his team in this time. This lad caught my eye in September last year, when i watched a Bundesliga game involving his team and Frankfurt. Although Dzeko didn't score in this game, he showed everything you would want in a Premiership Striker, with strength when holding up the ball, the ablilty to turn a defender, makes dribbling with the ball look easy at times, and the most importnat thing for me, he always tried to do the simple things when he could have easily gone for the more difficult option. 27 goals in 29 games last season and set up another 7 for his team mates. This guy will be huge. (HIT!)

Vedad Ibesivic - Vedad is the 2nd Bosnian im writing about here, and very much in the same mould as Dzeko. Once again i stumbled acroos this guy watching Bundesliga football also. He has an outstanding scoring record from last season having scored 18 goals in 17 games, but a friendly against Hamburg during the Bundesliga winter break ended his season when he ruptured his anterior right cruciate ligament. Before this injury, i would have went for Ibesivic over Dzeko, he seemed the more finished article. But knee injuries can be a footballers downfall and if it wasn't for this he would have been under the HIT list. Lets see how he gets on in the season ahead, but at this present time, it pains me to say... (Miss)

Edinson Cavani - Far from the finished article yet, Cavani ply's his trade for Serie A team Palermo. The 22 year old has alot of promise, and was given a confidence boost when Amauri was sold to Juventus last summer and he was trusted with a starting place. Scoring 14 goals in 31 games, he isn't as prolific as the last 2 strikers mentioned, but he is playing in a more defensively set out league. He has all the attributes to make an impact for a bigger club and his best years are ahead of him. I also think he would thrive on the kind of service that City would give him. (HIT!)

Robert Lewandowski - This Polish youngster is a star in the making. Maybe a little young for what we are looking for at the moment, but definately has a huge future within the game. He has already been sounded out by Napoli, and a bit more embaressingly Birmingham City, but the lad has talent at his feet. Robert plays for Lech Poznan and scored 14 goals in 30 games last season. Can City wait for Lewandowski to develop, probably not, but believe me when i say this lad deserve's what im going to say next. (HIT!)
Just want to blow my own trumpet after Lewandowski's 5 in 9 minutes last night

blow your own trumpet ,you sound like a tit :) great knowledge oh crystal ball man.
Lol and thanks. Used to be a job i dreamt of doing and used to scout players week in week out from watching on tv. Never could find a way in though. Wouldve probably done f9r minimum wage too but never mind, the dream is now lost.
Can still brag though on the off chance ;)

Ricster - any chance of naming a few youngsters that we should keep our eye on?

Just this bit re Dzeko was miles out, lol
''Although Dzeko didn't score in this game, he showed everything you would want in a Premiership Striker, with strength when holding up the ball, the ablilty to turn a defender, makes dribbling with the ball look easy at times''

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.