what was the first

Falastur said:
First game I remember watching is rushing home from primary school to see England - Romania in Euro 96. Judging by how desperate we all were to catch the game, I'd imagine I'd watched tons of games by that point but I really don't remember any others earlier.
Sorry mate, England didn't play Romania in Euro 96, they did in 2000. Where (and this could surprise you), a Neville fucked up. Can you guess which one?
Then again, I can't remember my first live TV game.

I remember Cup finals from the early 70's.

Leeds getting dicked by Sunderland and Liverpool killing Newcastle 3-0 are the earliest two that I can really remember.

I can also clearly remember some England matches from the same period.
The 1-1 draw with Poland, when the clown was in goal for us, (what a howler that was from Shilton) and also England getting stuffed by West Germany at Wembley, when Gunter Netzer ran the show.

First game I remember is the ECWC Final between West Ham and TSV Munich.

My parents let me stay up late to watch the game, which West Ham won.

I'd watched West Ham beat Preston in the cup final the year before, and I was a (sort of) West Ham fan as a result, but I don't remember watching that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.