What was the most toxic period at City?

I’m glad I wasn’t here during the Swales Out days. It sounds horrendous.

We work hard to afford tickets and having to endure that crap at the weekend is a shocker.

100 per cent the Sealed Out era for me. I was only quite young and couldn't afford to go to many games but I was probably more afraid of getting caught up in a riot by City fans than anything the away fans could do! I still have my "Forward With Franny" badge somewhere!

I hate Pearce with a passion and the football was absolutely fire, but the atmosphere was nothing like Swales time. If Pearce would've managed us back then I think Maine Road would've been smashed up!

I remember a night game on the kippax and a candle light protest led by Roy Bailey and quite a few ex players during the madness that was Manchester City football club .
Crazy days looking back . We really was a soap opera. We had a trio of new chairmen who did their best but it was us the fans who got the club through the next few decades. This should never be forgotten especially by the club.

The Swales out era.
This era by far.
The demonstrations after every home game,Main entrance ,Main Stand

The sit down protests on the Kippax terrace after home games, which were often only interrupted when word got round there was a kick off at Main stand..I can remember rushing round their with mates to join in!

Others would actually leave the Kippax terrace ,early, deliberately, to start protesting as soon as possible.

The toxic atmosphere home and away .

The loud shouts of Swales Out, home and away .

The fanzines , as I recall had some very hard hitting,quite nasty anti Swales rhetoric.

The division between the supporters club was huge , leading to the formation of The Independent branches....that had never happened before or since .

Swales Out era was the worst atmosphere I'd seen and Pearce / Ball doesn't come close.,imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.