What was your all time plot loss moment watching City, good or bad?

Sheffield United away..shouting to my mates..get over here lads it's a great view..i was stood in no mans land the segregation between city and utd. The old bill saw the funny side of it I think not.

West Ham in cup, Pearce manager. The only time I left a game early, threw my programe at the back of some poor blokes head who was sat a few rows down. Sorry mate.

When Owen scored that 96th min winner for the rags in the 4-3. I flipped. It was my grandmas birthday and whole family were over before heading out for a Chinese in alty. Sofa tipped over etc. Anyway, we went to the Chinese but I couldn't talk or eat. Happy occasion ruined. She was dead within 6 months. I've never forgiven myself or Michael Owen.

One that stands out for me is away to Liverpool in 1968 or 1969. It was an early season midweek match and it was still 0-0 with time running out. City seemed set for a rare point at Anfield. Then Bowyer scored followed by a Tommy Smith own goal both in the 90th minute.

I thought at the time that scoring then was a mistake as it would just make them mad. Three Liverpool goals in added time consigned City to yet another defeat at Anfield.

Walking down the steps of the Kippax after we’d thrown away a 2-O lead in the Derby. Those steps were treacherous at the best of times more so when you’re not thinking straight.

81 cup final and replay. We should have won both games and even to this day it still sends a shiver down my spine. I can't watch the replay highlights other than MacKenzie's wonder goal.
The day after at work there was some tosser winding me up all day about it however he soon shut up when I got hold of a cue stick in the games room and saw I was getting ever more angrier with him.

Was that the game about 1990 we were winning 3-1 with 4 minutes to go ?
No it was the year they won the league. Quinn and White scored for us. They basically camped outside our box in the second half and I think Keane scored the winner. We’d had a decent record against them at that time but that was really bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.