What were some tactical decisions or key moments that turned the season around?

Txiki Txiki Bang Bang

Most neutrals (and possibly some fans) feel that the season was decided the moment we signed Erling Haaland.

While I see how some might feel this way, for me, I believe one of the most important decisions (if not the most important) was moving Stones into the midfield. We have so much control with him in the midfield.

Haaland's goals have been great but we are a team that always finds a way to score goals so that was always going to happen but the control we have with Stones in the midfield is just invaluable. That's really where games are won and lost.

Akanji coming into the team and Gundo transforming into Zidane are other moments that are worth mentioning but Stones takes it for me.

Most neutrals (and possibly some fans) feel that the season was decided the moment we signed Erling Haaland.

While I see how some might feel this way,for me, I believe one of the most important decisions (if not the most important) was moving Stones into the midfield. We have so much control with him in the midfield. Haaland's goals have been great but we are a team that always finds a way to score goals so that was always going to happen but the control we have with Stones in the midfield is just invaluable. That's really where games are won and lost.

Akanji coming into the team and Gundo transforming into Zidane are other moments that are worth mentioning but Stones takes it for me.
Ruben coming back was the game-changer. He brings so so much confidence to our back 4 and I do genuinely think if he’d been injured longer we wouldn’t be in the situation we are in

The improvements in defence. The last time City conceded 2 goals in a game was in January. Grealish finding his feet in this side and Ederson making vital saves deserves a mention too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.