What will City's tradition be?

Said it before,saying it again....i don't care if we never produce a home grown player again as long as we win things,don't care who it pisses off

Balti said:
the Great Unpredictables....as always

This, even with all our cash I'm still wary of something disastrous waiting to happen!!

Typical City!

To be fair we're still one of the ten most successful English clubs of all time, if we win ten or more trophy's, which I would expect over the next decade, we will back up where we belong in the top six. Consider what a super power we were in the 70's before this awful run began and we're fastly getting back there.

As for tradition, for me we are the club with the best fans in world football, one of the highest watched clubs in English football and have had our glory years as well as the lower league scraps. A big club who has been at the top, bottom then back again to the top. A proper English football club.

lancs blue said:
Burnage Is Blue said:
I just hope we dont shoot ourselves in the foot with our youth policy. There has been a steady stream from the academy but that will dry up if we keep buying players for 30 million and youngsters see no hope of getting into the first team

At the moment we're engaged on a rapid "catch-up" policy to break into the top 4 asap. I expect the emphasis to change very soon from expensive established signings to bringing in the top youngsters from all over the world at 16 and developing them as future first teamers.

I agree, we have had to spend big now to push for the champs league and establish ourselves at the top table very quickly. the good thing about RM buying policy is that he appears to be going for young talent that can be our bed rock for the next 5 - 7 years.

I believe that what we should be doing now if pushing the academy to to whole new level, we need to look at some of the models elsewhere such as Barca and Ajax.

We should have a clear direction of how we want the game to be played, get the kids in young and look all over the world for the very best coaches. when we have a clear philosophy of how we want the game to be played we should do everything possible to bring these kids through.

personally i think the emphasis should be on possesion and speed.

We are in the fortunate position of being able to afford almost any player we want, however our true legacy should be how we develop our players of the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.