What would be a good summer for City?

Give Pep a new contract. Nothing else matters. Give him the entire transfer budget to make him sign the fucking thing.
Get what your saying but even if he does sign a new contract it will only be 2 years tops so in my eyes we would be better off just biting the bullet and letting pep go when his contract finishes . Time to start making moves now .

1) No serious injuries that spoil pre-season and thus the early part of the season
2) Cover/partner for Rodri
3) Finding out Savio is great on the right
4) A young talent that can replace KDB in a season or two.
5) Selling Gomez, Cancelo, Phillips, THB for €100M
6) Haaland renewing his contract without transfer clauses (will never happen as his Dad has a $$$ plan)
7) Pep ending the speculation
8) The 115 going away!
5 is very optomistic.

Rodri cover has to be a priority he is playing far too many games. Hopefully Phillips leaves on a permanent basis (although i fear loan) - maybe loan + obligation. Savio in. Potentially one other.

I do think there may be a couple of exits. Looks as though Bernardo is staying put. We will see about Kovacic , Nunes and Alvarez if any of them go.

Get rid of Cancello, Gomez and Phillips at the very least.....just ship them out even if it means taking a bit of a hit on them.

Put a big bid in for Wirtz even if its just to make our intentions known and in prep for next summer and to rattle the German rags as well (who hav been linked with him)

Go get Bruno G (but not for the release clause ...lets barter them down a bit. If not make sure you have a plan B as Rodri will be running on fumes

Get Savio on the tour, work out whether he is going to be ready to play a part and if not ship him out on loan and defintely have plan B as we need a winger for the right side who is in the same mould as Doku or a Sane. - we cant keep relying on KDB to put up the numbers he has been doing and he aint going to last all season

Ket KDB,Foden and Rodri back from Euros not injured and send them on holiday for the rest of the summer - they aint allowed anywhere near a football or pitch for at least a month!

Sign Oscar Bobb on an extended contract.....the kid could be Foden levels - do not send him out on loan

Player who can play as a 6/8 - Bruno.G; Caqueret
Winger/AM - Musiala, Wirtz, El Khannouss
Fullback - Frimpong, Kayode

Lots of rumours about who city may or may not get so question what would be a good summer for City ?

Think with Savio + DM to cover or play with Rodri and an attacking Midfielder.. be a very good summer.
TBH, Mr Txiki, 4 CB's stifles the creativity, even if one of them is Gvardiol. And Alvarez and Haaland are not at all creative, Jeremy is not a pausa player, Savio is very unproven. Bernado is hard working and technical rather than "creative". Jack needs a complete reset, will it happen?

So for me we still rely far too heavily on KDB. Even with Olmo and Guimares, I think it's half a job.

The other half is a wingback or two. You know you want to see Haaland as the mega scoring no.1 star. That's how you do it. That's how we don't get caught in a tactical quagmire, yet again, and end up scraping through with 'Only' one or two trophies.

Everyone likes Frimpong. And I liked Maatsen. Of course we like Davies. But neither is available. So, as there's no LWB (I'll discount Hernandez for you!), we abandon the plan altogether? Or how about - still going for Frimpong? We could play Bernado LWB, LOL. Ok... how about Leroy? Do you think he'd do that for Pep?

Probably none of this is happening. Backroom will insist it's all very good. And then get in a scramble in late August, pull out, and say, no problem.

Either way I wouldn't worry about the fans. Every summer is the same. We are mostly quite docile on such matters, and believe very strongly in the depth of our squad - when it is on holiday. It's a little different after 10 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.