What Would You Choose?

C
waited 33 years, one more won't kill us, we'll get trophies soon enough
if we get 4th everything changes, not just for us but for the team that misses out (most likely red scouse)
if the usual sky 4 get the CL spots who's to say they won't get money from somewhere and consolidate
i'd love to win the cup, but that won't really bother the others, top 4 for us would scare the shit out of them

A wud be nice for fans but
D for the club

just look at Pompey poeple r already forgetting that cup win ( ha that'll tesch em for avin a forgein owner bankrolling success)

rickholdensbf said:
A wud be nice for fans but
D for the club just look at Pompey poeple r already forgetting that cup win ( ha that'll tesch em for avin a forgein owner bankrolling success)
What Pompey cup win? Seriously, the problem with coming 4th without a trophy is that we could get eliminated in the Qualifying Round of the Champions League. Didn't Everton do that a few years ago?

The champions leauge is where we want to be so for me i'd take that this season even if it meant not winning the FA Cup. Don't get me wrong i'd love to win a trophy but i'm confident we'll win one next season even if we don't win one this season but getting into the champions leauge means we'll have the chance to compete with the best teams in europe and also have the lure of champions leauge football which will give us a greater chance of getting some of the 'top' players in europe

Winning the FA cup would be a great day for the club and a great day out for us but what will it mean the season after if we aren't playing champions leauge football? Winning the FA Cup won't get us to play against the top teams in europe throughout the season and it won't really give us any extra incentive when we're in dicussions with players whereas the champions leauge will

D 100%

3rd place in the PL means direct entry to the CL mini-leagues rather than 4th place and the qualifying round.

Good things come to those who wait and CL is crucial for future growth and success in terms of attracting players etc. Wembley appearances certain to follow once we are established CL team.

Failsworth_Blue said:
The champions leauge is where we want to be so for me i'd take that this season even if it meant not winning the FA Cup. Don't get me wrong i'd love to win a trophy but i'm confident we'll win one next season even if we don't win one this season but getting into the champions leauge means we'll have the chance to compete with the best teams in europe and also have the lure of champions leauge football which will give us a greater chance of getting some of the 'top' players in europe

Winning the FA cup would be a great day for the club and a great day out for us but what will it mean the season after if we aren't playing champions leauge football? Winning the FA Cup won't get us to play against the top teams in europe throughout the season and it won't really give us any extra incentive when we're in dicussions with players whereas the champions leauge will

+1 100%

lionheart said:
If you had to choose only one outcome, which would you prefer?

A/ FA Cup Winners and 6th place
B/ Losing FA Cup Finalists and 5th place
C/ 4th place and a losing Wembley appearance in the semi-finals
D/ 3rd place and no Wembley appearance?

Just curious...my choice would probably be C or possibly D so long as we reach the Quarter Finals and only get knocked out by the eventual winners.

A - by a mile! this club needs a trophy, it wouldn't just be nice, we NEED it! we will get better and better and eventually we will get into the Champions Lg! but I want a trophy first more than I do not finishing first in the league!!!

Plus I'd like to win the Europa Lg next season anyway, more than I do not winning the Champions Lg!!!

D, C, A, B would be my order of preference but I would take any of them except option B if offered right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.