What would you consider to be a success this season?

Staying up…..and battering the rags and maybe reaching a quarter final

Have my visitors been today nurse

Win Premier League and Champions League = Glory
Win one of the above = Success
Win none of the above = Failure

Agreed. I don’t see the FA Cup as making a difference just a nice to have.

Failure might be a strong word though. If we were runners up by a point and lost in the CL final that would be harsh so it would depend how we did in those two competitions.

We've come a long way and I don't believe 40 points is the yardstick we measure success by any longer. However I don't believe winning the PL or CL is the sole measure of success either.

Win Premier League or CL+ top 4 - Fantastic
Top 4 + Win FA Cup - Great
Top 4 - Good
Win FA Cup - OK
Anything else - Failure.

It would obviously be a shame if we didn't manage to win anything this season, but we've just won a treble and part of that treble was a third consecutive Premier League title. So if we end up having a below par season this year without any silverware then it would be disappointing but ultimately fine. And if anything, it would only make the lads hungrier to put it right in the 24/25 season.

People forget that, between winning that first FA Cup in 1990 and the last title in 2013, Ferguson's United went without a major trophy in 97/98, 01/02, 04/05, and 11/12 (if you discount Community Shields). So far under Pep we've only gone one season without a major trophy, in 16/17 when Pep first came. We're due a second season under him without any trophies to show for it - if it happens to be this year, so be it.
When you think about Fergie went 4 seasons without a trophy once he won his first; Pep hasn’t gone without a trophy in any season since his first one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.