What would you do???

Donkey Boy

Lost my phone a few weeks ago. It was an Iphone 3gs. Just been told today that I will get a pay out of £500.

Now my contract is up in November so I could wait till then get myself another phone off ebay to see me through and then get a new contract in November with an Iphone 5. And just pocket the 500 nicker.

Or I could clear my remaining contract today and set up another one with an Iphone 4. But have to pay out about £200 to do so..

What would you do?

If you bought it via Carphone Warehouse, there's a chance you may have some insurance cover.

It'd be worth ringing whoever it was you bought it from - you may have to pay a £50 excess...

Had mine nicked a while back and got a replacement this way...

Donkey Boy said:
Lost my phone a few weeks ago. .............

What would you do?

I'd be more careful with my £500 phone ;-)

Get a decent one off Ebay and use that 'til November. Then you can get new one and flog the old one on Ebay.

You're obviously someone who likes the newest model so why settle for less - you know you won't be happy unless you've got one!

You said you'd have to pay £200 to release you from the existing contract - why waste all that money? If you go for an Iphone 4 you'll have to pay your old contract up too won't you - so why bother?

daveduke67 said:
Donkey Boy said:
Lost my phone a few weeks ago. .............

What would you do?

I'd be more careful with my £500 phone ;-)

Get a decent one off Ebay and use that 'til November. Then you can get new one and flog the old one on Ebay.

You're obviously someone who likes the newest model so why settle for less - you know you won't be happy unless you've got one!

You said you'd have to pay £200 to release you from the existing contract - why waste all that money? If you go for an Iphone 4 you'll have to pay your old contract up too won't you - so why bother?

Thats my thinking. Can get a used one of ebay for about 140 quid. Flog that in November and get the new model. It also means I've got 360 quid to go and get twisted on this weekend.

Winner winner chicken dinner

I selling Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, the blue model was going to put it on eBay this weekend. they are going for between 45 and 50 quid, + p&p, good phone for money and resalable, got all the bits that go with it, and hard bodied case, not becouse im clumbsy :>) . I live in North manc land.

Just a though save us both asssssing bout

If you claim the insurance the chances are you'll be sent a replacement phone.

But you could then wait for new contract, get phone until then and sell the replacement?

no matter what, you are gonna have 2 pay them the 200 quid anyway (remaining of your contract). so it depends if you really need the 500 quid at the moment, or just pay the 200quid over the next 5 month.

if i was you, i would pay the contract off now, still got 300quid and get a new contract

tasker said:
no matter what, you are gonna have 2 pay them the 200 quid anyway (remaining of your contract). so it depends if you really need the 500 quid at the moment, or just pay the 200quid over the next 5 month.

if i was you, i would pay the contract off now, still got 300quid and get a new contract

But he wants the new Iphone 5 that doesn't come out 'til later this year.

He'd be paying £200 to cancel a contract that he'd then replace with a very similar one and getting a phone that's soon to be superceded by a new model - the model he really wants. He'd be much better buying an old iPhone for about £100 to see the existing contract out and then sell it in November - he'd get at least £50 without a shadow of a doubt. That way he keeps £450 and gets his new phone. He'll still be paying £50 a month whatever he decides - existing or new contract so why pay it off and waste £200?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.