What would you uninvent?

Absolutely , I’ve always said if alcohol was invented tomorrow and studies upon the effects it had on human beings it would be illegal
Bollocks :-) whilst you have a good point, as it is only one thing then sugar. I've just bought a packet of chocolate biscuits, peanut butter biscuits and a vanilla slice and a carrot cake bar ( a chocolate covered carrot cake ffs.) I still haven't eaten the mass produced full of shite and sugar double chocolate cake bars I bought the other day. I'm a 60's child, we were brought up on the stuff. If I don't have something sweet after dinner and tea I can't function.

Absolutely , I’ve always said if alcohol was invented tomorrow and studies upon the effects it had on human beings it would be illegal
Anthropologists, archeologists, historians, biologists etc have studied our brewing and cinsumption of alcohol and most agree humanity would not have developed without it.

It is believed the first to sow crops and form agricultural communities were mainly for growing the ingredients to brew early forms of alcohol, as a means to get nutrients from said crops, ale came before bread as a food source.

Most water full of bacteria could kill early humans so boiling or brewing drinks to kill toxins were necessary

The nomally below 3% abv that was produced for centuries was not the problem this we devised in more modern times with more stronger concoction.

Plus if it didn't exist our need for an intoxiating escape would have meant we just dabbled in some other narcotic.

But yes if invented today it would never be allowed, but a few millenia ago it was necessary, we have just like with most things we do as a species abused it's useful part and made it a problem.

As a teacher i've got to say OFSTED. Nothing like being judged by a bunch of failed teachers who don't want to/aren't good enough to be in a classroom anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.