#WhatDidYouDoWhenDickovScored

Id flown over from Germany on spec to see if I could get a ticket not a chance. Ended up in pub in Reading on an all dayer, ran round the pub shouting when Dickov scored and bought everyone a pint in the boozer!!!
So hammered cant remember what it cost but ended up with my head in a chicken bhuna later that night.

Jumped up and down hugged a load of blues I'ed never met prior to that day then dropped to my knees and prayed for a rich Sheikh to one day buy our beloved club. ;-)

I was 14 my brother was 16. We'd been dragged by our parents on the anual shitty caravan holiday to either Cornwall or Wales. It was Cornwall this time. Me and our kid were listening on some crackly old radio. When we won we ran around the caravan park screaming like a pair of plonkers. Must have looked mad to all the other people there who probably didn't even know the game was on. One of my favourite memories.

Was at Wembley with the girlfriend(now wife) must have ended up about 20 feet further down the stand.
Everyone went bananas.
Weaver was great in the shootout too.
Only downside was missing last orders at the local in Stretford and having to go to Chinatown to get beer :)

I was standing outside in the car park by our coach waiting to go home. Everybody was in a fowl mood, people kicking over dustbins and generally complaining about typical City. We had heard a quiet cheer and assumed that Gillingham had made it 3-0, but when the roof lifted off with the next cheer we realised that City had equalised. Me and my lad sprinted back into the ground, and I can still hear the lady on the tannoy asking us to make our way back to our seats carefully. We actually went back to our own seats, and had to put up with the smug smiles of those that stayed. I will never forget that day as long as I live, or the blue hair dye that wouldn't come out for days after.

Nothing at the time.

I was in Tunsia with no link to home/SKY 2 or whatever waasn't shown over there.

My only link were 2 girls who were Gills fans. They were getting texts around the pool rather than call updates as they had no charge/credit.

At 2-1 after what would have been loads of injury time they cleared off to get ready for the evening. I thought we'd lost.

It was only about 4 hours later I found out we'd equalised and won on pens.

I was at a large hotel with Mrs Moon and she was less than impressed with my actions over the next couple of hours.

In a all-inclusive hotel it's free to drink so why pace yourself? She never has understood that or why I jumped in ther pool in the early hours singing City songs.

danbarnsley said:
I would have been 7 years old. I was in pub with my dad called the guido in failsworth. I remember running back out to the beer garden, (well, if you could call it that) and telling all the other kids to come running back in and watch. Then being on my dads shoulders. Proper shithole but thats all i remember of it.

The Guido wasn't that bad always get a game of cards or darts and if you wanted a late booze Ann was always obliging ;-)

I was in Cyprus with the patio doors open watching on BFBS, when we went 2-0 down I shouted "Bollox" rather loudly and got sent to the pub by my missus for extra time, what a day that was..........

I was in the doghouse for a day or two after that as SWMBO is a dipper......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.