whats frank up to

bluespana said:
If Mammutly knew anything about Thai history, he'd knew that he was one of the least corrupt leaders in their corrupt history. As evidence, the Democracy party is anti-democratic. U couldn't get a more ludicrous governance....well, apart from George Bush and his henchmen.
If Mammutly knew anything about Thai history
He's a regular visitor to Thailand, but i'm not sure if he knows much about the History of Thailand.

bluespana said:
If Mammutly knew anything about Thai history, he'd knew that he was one of the least corrupt leaders in their corrupt history. As evidence, the Democracy party is anti-democratic. U couldn't get a more ludicrous governance....well, apart from George Bush and his henchmen.

Listen, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about Thai history and politics. I f you want to discuss any particular issues, lets do it via PM as thankfully, it has no relavance to City anymore.

Thaksin had contacts with people in the UAE which were instrumental in attracting interest. However, I absolutely know that the deal almost broke down at the 11th hour because of Thaksin's personal demands.

More than anything, I'm glad he's gone.

mammutly said:
bluespana said:

Listen, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about Thai history and politics. I f you want to discuss any particular issues, lets do it via PM as thankfully, it has no relavance to City anymore.

Thaksin had contacts with people in the UAE which were instrumental in attracting interest. However, I absolutely know that the deal almost broke down at the 11th hour because of Thaksin's personal demands.

Haggling here or there on a major deal is par for the course, surely. The fact is, and let's face it anything else is hearsay, the deal went through and without Shinawatra ADUG probably wouldn't have taken over at City. Leaving aside the Thai politics and judging him on what he did for City you have to say we're in a much, much better position for his involvement with the club?

mammutly said:
bluespana said:

He still owns 10% of City so we still have a bond thung going on.

:)

mammutly said:
Whatever people think of him, he is gone.

Currently to be found evading justice in the Middle East I believe, whilst still stirring strife back home.

One thing worth saying to his remaining fans though is that Thaksin almost single handedly scuppered the ADUG deal with his personal demands. Mr Cooke & others had a hell of job to persuade him. He was quite prepared to recoup his own investment another way by selling off assets (including all the players if necessary) at the cost of City going down the pan.

Saviour? My arse.

Im just wondering where you got this information from?

mammutly said:
bluespana said:

I've been reading yr post for months and have come to the conclusion that u know very little about the situation. U had an agenda (and still have it, strangely) and u plastered it all over this board for months. Simply put, I take things with a grain of salt...and your posts with a spoonful.

Any blue that looks at Thaksin with anything but gratitude is deluded and has a very short memory.

Cast your mind back to pre Thaksin, Pearce in charge, nearly went down, gutted we didnt sign Mido and failed in a bid for Andy O'Brien - we were going absolutely nowhere and bordering on becoming a bolton\boro\bburn shite type of team. It may have been ADUG that bought Robinho, but Thaksin started this era of new hope and ambition.

Despite his many flaws, I for one will be eternally grateful.

Ric said:
mammutly said:

Haggling here or there on a major deal is par for the course, surely. The fact is, and let's face it anything else is hearsay, the deal went through and without Shinawatra ADUG probably wouldn't have taken over at City. Leaving aside the Thai politics and judging him on what he did for City you have to say we're in a much, much better position for his involvement with the club?

My point is that he took 'haggling' to a stage that put us right on the edge and he would have been quite prepared to let us go under. I can't for forgive him that. He played russian roulette with the life of our club because he cared only about his personal profit.
As I said, his contacts in the UAE facilitated the initial approach. So, yes, without that we might not have got the deal. But, as I said at the time, despite the fact that the deal came off, it was like finding out your wife had staked the house on the lottery. So, thanks and appreciation for Thaksin? No thanks. Just glad he's gone

bluespana said:
mammutly said:

I've been reading yr post for months and have come to the conclusion that u know very little about the situation. U had an agenda (and still have it, strangely) and u plastered it all over this board for months. Simply put, I take things with a grain of salt...and your posts with a spoonful.

If you have reached that conclusion, I am not at all offended. You are wrong, but that's just because you don't know enough to judge.

Some of your other posts are pretty good ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.