What's the best mind-blowing movie twist of all time? Spoiler alerts as standard!

A few Brian De Palma films spring to mind. Body Double, Carrie, Obsession, Dressed To Kill
Brian De Palma films are a guilty pleasure for me.

Sisters (1973), Blow Out (1981), Carlito's Way (1993), Snake Eyes (1998), Femme Fatale (2002) and the films listed above.

Although I always feel the intricate / stylish set pieces are better than his films as a complete whole.
The Untouchables (1987) being the exception as his most accessible commercial hit in his filmography.

Last edited:
Brian De Palma films are a guilty pleasure for me.

Sisters (1973), Blow Out (1981), Carlito's Way (1993), Snake Eyes (1998), Femme Fatale (2002) and the films listed above.

Although I always feel the intricate / stylish set pieces are better than his films as a complete whole.
The Untouchables (1987) being the exception being his most accessible commercial hit in his filmography.
Guilty pleasure is a good way to describe them. They do teeter on the verge of parody at times (thinking especially of John Lithgow in Raising Cain!), but they are great fun to watch.
Good call on Blow Out too; loved that film as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.