whats the catch ?

DortmundDummy said:
Renovating a house in Droylsden and guy came up asking if I wanted FREE cavity wall insulation I said why not then three other guys turned up in seconds one to give a FREE energy efficiency inspection another asked if I wanted to have outside adaptor connection for EVs (electric vehicle) I said sure even tho hav,nt got EV but may be add value as a selling point, Free again, and the last guy asked if I wanted FREE Solar panels.. as the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it usually is !!! Anyone any idea if this is gonna bite me on the bum or is legit thanx in advance
The devil will own your soul and shove red hot pokers up your arse, other than that nothing really

andyhinch said:
DortmundDummy said:
Renovating a house in Droylsden and guy came up asking if I wanted FREE cavity wall insulation I said why not then three other guys turned up in seconds one to give a FREE energy efficiency inspection another asked if I wanted to have outside adaptor connection for EVs (electric vehicle) I said sure even tho hav,nt got EV but may be add value as a selling point, Free again, and the last guy asked if I wanted FREE Solar panels.. as the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it usually is !!! Anyone any idea if this is gonna bite me on the bum or is legit thanx in advance
The devil will own your soul and shove red hot pokers up your arse, other than that nothing really
Hi hinch think your in the wrong thread ? Try the Greek holiday in Mykanus one ;))

Carver said:
I have had free cavity wall insulation done, no catches.
There used to be a scheme that anyone could have it done, however properties with less than a 50mm wide cavity and houses on 3 storeys were designated 'hard to treat' and the companies refused to do them. Now they have invented different methods and products and 'hard to treat' properties can still be done so that you have the same opportunity as those people with properties that are not hard to treat.

Mine was done with a type of expanding foam, it was the first house to be done in the North West of England and I had 3 teams installing it and about 20 blokes turn up to watch. It was a right circus.
No adverts, the company is based in Dukinfield.
They also do solar PV but I don't know about this car charging lark.
There is going to be a massive leap in electric vehicle battery technology in next few years which at the moment is in the development stage, I,ve done a bit of research into it in the last few months, dont suppose many are interested but if you are google' TESLA'

DortmundDummy said:
Carver said:
There used to be a scheme that anyone could have it done, however properties with less than a 50mm wide cavity and houses on 3 storeys were designated 'hard to treat' and the companies refused to do them. Now they have invented different methods and products and 'hard to treat' properties can still be done so that you have the same opportunity as those people with properties that are not hard to treat.

Mine was done with a type of expanding foam, it was the first house to be done in the North West of England and I had 3 teams installing it and about 20 blokes turn up to watch. It was a right circus.
There is going to be a massive leap in electric vehicle battery technology in next few years which at the moment is in the development stage, I,ve done a bit of research into it in the last few months, dont suppose many are interested but if you are google' TESLA'
Never heard of him :)

DortmundDummy said:
Carver said:

How much does a Tesla cost over there? There's a dealership on my road over here.

DortmundDummy said:

It will be part of the government Green Deal. Basically the companies get paid to do the work.
You get a loan in essence offset against future savings in energy bills.
The fact you say you were renovating the house is a good indicator of the attraction to these companies as the lower your current energy efficiency ratings the more chance you have of making the savings and hence getting the work done.
Hope that helps a bit at least.

We had British Gas ( I think ) put in free loft insulation last year.

Couldn't give a fuck if there's a catch. They said it's free so I ain't paying fuck all if they change their mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.