what's wrong with me?

Bombo

what's wrong with me? Been going to the match with my mates since I was 16 before that with my dad am now 40 so as you all know aint seen too many great days but have loved every minute. Why then is it I feel like not renewing my ticket next season? I sat watching ssn the day of the takeover with as much excitement as everyone else but now I feel like I can't be arsed with it all. Have tried to put my finger on it but can't explain my loss of interest, your help please? I think part of it started after we lost Maine road but that's not the whole reason would still rather support the likes of Morrison, goater and rosler than any so called superstars.

Bombo said:
what's wrong with me? Been going to the match with my mates since I was 16 before that with my dad am bow 40 so as you all know aint seen too many great days but have loved every minute. Why then is it I feel like not renewing my ticket next season? I sat watching ssn the day of the takeover with as much excitement as everyone else but now I feel like I can't be added with it all. Have tried to put my finger on it but can't explain my loss of interest, your help please? I think part of it started after we lost Maine road but that's not the whole reason would still rather support the likes of Morrison, goater and rosler than any so called superstars.

Get yourself to an away day in Europe mate, I guarante you will get the buzz back!

cos you're a loser .. lol .. no i think its what robinho said at the start of the season .. we need to have the mentality of a big club and not think small .. sometimes when we can see the potential in the club especially now and it doesn't materialise then we feel shit .. so its just a matter of time and patience .. we'll be winning things again soon ..

i feel a bit the same, will always re new and go the games cos otherwise my mrs would have me shopping and shite like that.

i'm 34 so seen nothing but bad times myself but in the strangest way i prefered us being shit!!! that make sense? i think the expectations are too mush now.

Just think we've lost something of our soul and not cos of the arabs who seem decent people but because we've joined this madness of success at all costs attitude. Hope the day never comes when our fans can't name more than 3 players from any other team like the rags can't.

I personally think this is the City mentality. Some people would rather be supporting the Roslers, Goaters, Horlocks, Morrisons etc and be struggling against relegation or in Div 1 rather than doing what Liverpool, United or Chelsea do. We feel comfortable down there, we can claim we're a sleeping giant, we can claim we have the best fans in the world because, dispite being shit, we're still here. Rather than have fantastic players out our disposal and winning trophies etc. IMO I love the old days but I await the future with anticipation. I wouldnt have enjoyed the days I have, the playoff final, the 3-1 etc etc etc if I hadnt been thinking that one day we could be challenging. This is why football is here, to win things, to stand along side your mates looking at your team and winning something. I'm all for being in the stand no matter what, and football is all about supporting your team blah blah blah but for me, I want to win something, I want to be able to go about my business and know that City ARE the best team in the country.

Bombo said:
what's wrong with me? Been going to the match with my mates since I was 16 before that with my dad am now 40 so as you all know aint seen too many great days but have loved every minute. Why then is it I feel like not renewing my ticket next season? I sat watching ssn the day of the takeover with as much excitement as everyone else but now I feel like I can't be arsed with it all. Have tried to put my finger on it but can't explain my loss of interest, your help please? I think part of it started after we lost Maine road but that's not the whole reason would still rather support the likes of Morrison, goater and rosler than any so called superstars.

You (and City fans) are not alone.

I've been a Chelsea fan all my life and I too am in my 40's and to be honest, football now is boring me more often than giving me the excitement it used to. it could well just be an age / circumstances thing - also combined with Sky TV and the saturation football now gets.

Back in the 80's, when I was single with no Mrs, kids & mortgage etc, I was going week in week out. Away games were always the best crack but games at The Bridge were good too, despite the fact as a team, we were inconsistent at best and I saw us relegated.
I don't go as much now. When I do it's sometimes with my mates and sometimes with my son but "the buzz" has gone. I know at Chelsea we get a lot of JCL's, which doesn't help the atmosphere (what atmosphere I hear you say?) and unfortunately I make very few away games now where we do still take a good sized following and make a fair bit of noise.

So winning is not the be all & end all.

my right that match buzz is missing terracing going hasn't helped but still remember the buzz since then but it's fading season by season even if we win the league am not sure how much I will feel part of it like I did through our various promotions.

Just watching Setanta 2. Copa Libertadores - Sao Paulo v. Independiente Medellin. Fascinating. it may be the foreign feel of this game, I can get bored with Spuds v. Wigan, and suchlike but the minute there is anything sky blue about, a buzz begins to stir. Hope I can continue vilifying refs and reds for a long time to come. Have a drink and see if the world appears differently!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.