Whats your 2nd Sport

Ladies tennis!

And especially Ana Ivanovic!

She's so hot it's a wonder her raquet doesn't catch fire!

2akixyd.jpg
ae06qs.jpg

sc9a8x.jpg
23wjq52.jpg

yeh the women's tennis post reminds me of just how good women's beach volleyball is. totally engrossing sport. especially when the brazilian women are playing...

AyrshireBlue said:
Ice Hockey, sadly not much in the way of local stuff around here since the demise of the Eagles so it's NHL mostly, Go Flyers, although I does mean I get to arrange wee trips over to see games.

Also like F1 & basketball

Flyers fan? Good man!

argyle said:
Uwe Rösler said:
Agree with you Argyle! Its one tough sport! Aussie rules don't wear pads or helmets but NFL is tougher than it!
Ive been to a couple of NFL games and college games and when you see how big they are in real life without their pads on....they are huge and the hits would hurt with pads on!!!!

Which games did you go to see? I'm going to the Wembley game this year and its my first game for years, can't wait.

um last game i was at was dec 08 against the panthers in snow and minus 8 degrees! Winner got top spot of the division, Giants were losing 21 10 and came back to tie the game with a minute or so.....pnathers had an easy kick to win the game missed it and we won in overtime was an awesome game! look it up on nfl.com game highlights. gameweek 16 dec 08

Uwe Rösler said:
argyle said:
And?? You think the pads protect against hits like that? Thats pretty ignorant!

They are like boxing gloves, introduced to protect against lacerations but actually resulted in allowing harder hits and greater injuries!

To be fair I was ignorant myself and did think like you until I played on the UCLA practice squad back in my year abroad and a guy 6'8 and 350 pounds/24 stone completely ripped my body in two! So much for the pads!
Agree with you Argyle! Its one tough sport! Aussie rules don't wear pads or helmets but NFL is tougher than it!
Ive been to a couple of NFL games and college games and when you see how big they are in real life without their pads on....they are huge and the hits would hurt with pads on!!!!

the do hurt, especially when your not expecting it. I played wide reciever for bolton bulldogs (at under 18's level) and remember jump to recieve a pass and while in the air the bastard caught me carried me about 10 yards back then slammed me on my upper back/neck, it was agony.

the final straw was when my mate had his knee snapped back the wrong way.....that was terrible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.