What's your preferred podcast/youtube/etc?

keith's curle

There may be coverage 24/7 from the likes of Sky, BT, 'news' media etc, but as the vast majority isn't worth the time wasted trying to find anything worthwhile, and because I'm not going to be giving my hard earned money to them, I'm looking round for something else. More quality over quantity.

Atm I listen to the Totally Football podcast regularly and like it, but as it covers everything in less than an hour it doesn't (usually) cover anything in much detail. I know there is a lot more out there (I chanced some youtube channels at the end of last season but wasn't overawed), but is there anything anyone would recommend? If so, what's good about it? Is it City oriented or general? On the other hand, what should be avoided (apart from the obvious)?

While I'm at it, what about things like twitter? I don't follow anybody currently; am I missing out? Any other media I (and others in the same boat) should try?

All suggestions, recommendations and advice greatly appreciated.

The James Richardson Totally football one is generally good, although it pay to listen carefully at the start to see who the line up is as they sneak the odd liverpool loving journo on there. They treat the top 6 equally, which is good overall, but can sometimes give the impression afterwards that it’s been a London centric show. Still better than the rest though imho

Edit. @keith's curle Would help if I actually read your post rather than just the thread title, lol

Stats bomb is decent if a little ( a lot) nerdy! Ted Knutson and another fella who I can’t remember the name of (maybe James).

TFS is decent usually and as well balanced as we’re going to get probably! The Italian one I find interesting but often you have to put up with Gabrielle Marcotti spouting crap.

I used to listen to The Guardian one but if you can stand Barry Glendenning for any longer than a couple of shows then you’re a better man than me, he’s a top tier dickhead.

The 9320 pod is very good too if you’re interested in Manchester City!

There was a collection of pods called ‘The Barcelona Legacy’ which I enjoyed but it isn’t a weekly thing.

Other than that Athletico Mince is hilarious but I’m not sure it’ll give you much of an insight into current footballing affairs!

I’d steer clear of Twitter, it’s awful as it is, but football Twitter is especially painful.

Gary Lineker and Danny Baker podcast is a good listen. Guardian Football Weekly is irreverently decent. Humans of XS Manchester is quality about Manchester people rather than football. Listening to Claire Baldings Sport and The British Radio 4 podcast which is quite informative in 14 min episodes. 5 Live investigates is a decent current affairs one. Not tried a City one yet. Seen a link to an Ian Cheeseman one somewhere but couldn't find it on Spotify

Many thanks for replies so far, definitely some there to check out.

Gary Lineker and Danny Baker podcast is a good listen. Guardian Football Weekly is irreverently decent. Humans of XS Manchester is quality about Manchester people rather than football. Listening to Claire Baldings Sport and The British Radio 4 podcast which is quite informative in 14 min episodes. 5 Live investigates is a decent current affairs one. Not tried a City one yet. Seen a link to an Ian Cheeseman one somewhere but couldn't find it on Spotify

Wow, @oldhamblue, you get about! I've seen the Ian Cheeseman stuff on YouTube, but it was only his vlogs for matches and wasn't what I was after.

I would steer clear of The Times and Football Writers Podcast, their anti-City bias made them unlistenable for me.

In terms of City podcasts, 93:20 is the standout. Noisy Neighbours are probably the next best although the American chap on there seems to hate Mahrez with a passion which can get a bit annoying but other than that they can be pretty funny.

I think we are one of the very few clubs that doesn't have a fan channel on YouTube like Arsenal Fan TV which is a big relief.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are one of the very few clubs that doesn't have a fan channel on YouTube like Arsenal Fan TV which is a big relief.

I'm adamant that all YouTube fan channels belong in the comedy section. That said, only Arsenal Fan TV is actually funny, even if some of the others do have their moments during a meltdown.

Many thanks for replies so far, definitely some there to check out.

Wow, @oldhamblue, you get about! I've seen the Ian Cheeseman stuff on YouTube, but it was only his vlogs for matches and wasn't what I was after.
I spend a lot of time in the car so just trying to listen to something informative rather than radio.

Twitter I have an account but I still can't see the point of it. I had a Luke Shaw Twitter account about trips to Gregg's last year but got bored of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.