Wheat Allergy

bluespana said:
Yes, sadly, is the answer but they have gluten free alternatives. You'll discover food shopping is a whole new adventure. The good news: There's more choice in Britain every day. I know all about the Brad Pitts. Never liked him as an actor really.

Is there gluten free beer? Seriously? Will they have it in most boozers?

johnmc said:
bluespana said:
Yes, sadly, is the answer but they have gluten free alternatives. You'll discover food shopping is a whole new adventure. The good news: There's more choice in Britain every day. I know all about the Brad Pitts. Never liked him as an actor really.

Is there gluten free beer? Seriously? Will they have it in most boozers?
There is GF beer...but not usually found in boozers. You'll have to switch to vodka or Sprite.

before I forget, there's a really high proportion of coeliacs in parts of Scandinavia and especially Finland, so if you go there, not only is everything in English, but all the menus mark out what's wheat and gluten free.

And there is a chippy in Urmston (can't remember the name but its won awards so ask a local) that do wheat and gluten free batter (they have a seperate fryer) as well as the standard stuff. Its even got tables out the back, we've had the whole backroom for the wife's birthday when we lived down south as she was desperate for a fish supper

leithblue said:
before I forget, there's a really high proportion of coeliacs in parts of Scandinavia and especially Finland, so if you go there, not only is everything in English, but all the menus mark out what's wheat and gluten free.

And there is a chippy in Urmston (can't remember the name but its won awards so ask a local) that do wheat and gluten free batter (they have a seperate fryer) as well as the standard stuff. Its even got tables out the back, we've had the whole backroom for the wife's birthday when we lived down south as she was desperate for a fish supper

CHeers for the info. There's a pizza place in Glossop that does gluten free and it's quite good. In London i couldn't find any pizza places with GF bases.

I was told I had coeliac condition about 15 years back,which I have passed on to my Daughter. Its not as bad as it used to be food wise & eating out is a lot easier, its a lot more recognised now. PM me if you have any questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.