Wheelchair Access

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by CheethamHillBlue, 16 Sep 2018 at 6:08 PM.

1. CheethamHillBlue

CheethamHillBlue

Is there anyone on here who can help my father in law. He's been a season ticket holder for over 50 years and is recently struggling to walk any long distance. His son brings him to matches and used a wheelchair for the first time yesterday from where he parks his car to the turnstile. He wants to stay in his current seat as opposed to using the disabled section. Has anyone on here had this issue and if so, how was it resolved. Apparently, there were mobility scooters parked up under the stairs but no allowance for a wheelchair.
    Thanks in advance.
    (Admin move if it's in the wrong section)

2. bainy

bainy

Ring the access team at city - in my experience they are excellent and will want to help.

3. hihosilva

hihosilva

If you use the disabled section then you should get in free as a companion.
    Worth thinking about

4. CheethamHillBlue

CheethamHillBlue

Cheers lads. I'll check with the access team. My father in law is ok walking short distances and doesn't feel ready to go down the full disabled route. He's old school and thinks there are others who need it more.

5. alan__mcfc

alan__mcfc

Their email address is access@mancity.com They sorted my son out last year when he broke his leg.

6. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Got this from the clubs website you may wish to consider
    To join the Manchester City Disabled Supporters Association or find out more, visit their website mcdsa.co.uk, or email mark@mcdsa.com.

7. levets

levets

I am a wheelchair user. I stay in my chair as I can’t walk very well. My carer/companion gets a ticket free of charge. City have excellent disabled policies. I’m sure they will help and advise.

8. CheethamHillBlue

CheethamHillBlue

Thanks lads. I've e-mailed them after seeing this on their access page. "We provide storage for wheelchairs during the game for people who can transfer to a club seat"
    Thanks again.

9. sweenyuk

sweenyuk

As others have already stated its the access team you need to speak with. The clubs disability liason officer will be at the disabled supporters association meeting on Wednesday 3rd October so available to speak with direct. Joe Royle and David Mooney will also be attending. To attend you need to register via our website www.mcdsa.co.uk clicking the link at the top of each page

10. Bill

Bill

my advice is get a wheelchair space asap. its done with and they can be hard to attain.