Wheelchair Access

CheethamHillBlue

Is there anyone on here who can help my father in law. He's been a season ticket holder for over 50 years and is recently struggling to walk any long distance. His son brings him to matches and used a wheelchair for the first time yesterday from where he parks his car to the turnstile. He wants to stay in his current seat as opposed to using the disabled section. Has anyone on here had this issue and if so, how was it resolved. Apparently, there were mobility scooters parked up under the stairs but no allowance for a wheelchair.
Thanks in advance.
(Admin move if it's in the wrong section)

If you use the disabled section then you should get in free as a companion.
Worth thinking about

Cheers lads. I'll check with the access team. My father in law is ok walking short distances and doesn't feel ready to go down the full disabled route. He's old school and thinks there are others who need it more.

I am a wheelchair user. I stay in my chair as I can’t walk very well. My carer/companion gets a ticket free of charge. City have excellent disabled policies. I’m sure they will help and advise.

Thanks lads. I've e-mailed them after seeing this on their access page. "We provide storage for wheelchairs during the game for people who can transfer to a club seat"
Thanks again.

As others have already stated its the access team you need to speak with. The clubs disability liason officer will be at the disabled supporters association meeting on Wednesday 3rd October so available to speak with direct. Joe Royle and David Mooney will also be attending. To attend you need to register via our website www.mcdsa.co.uk clicking the link at the top of each page

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.