When did we last draw a game 4-4 ?

There’s definitely not been a 4-4 in my time before Sunday.

So it’ll have to be a very old bastard who can remember one.

There’s definitely not been a 4-4 in my time before Sunday.

So it’ll have to be a very old bastard who can remember one.
I had to look it up!

6th Sep 1950 at Grimsby, we drew 4-4 in the old Division 2 and were promoted.

We drew 4-4 at home to Everton in the 1925-26 season (at the end of which we were relegated).

But unbelievably, it's not even the first time we've shared 8 goals with Chelsea. We drew 4-4 there in Feb 1937, and won the title that season. Omen.

Last edited:
Sven's last gift to the club! :)
Never been so pissed off walking back to the car after that game in the swirling mist of a Middlesbrough spring afternoon.

Sven and the team might have downed tools but this was a step too far.
By August we'd all calmed down and went to villa Park for the opening league game and after going 1-0 up Mark Hughes showed his managerial nouce and 10 minutes later we were 4-1 down due to an unspectacular hattrick fron Agbonlahor who had suddenly become world class. Corluka pulled one back late on with a penalty but I remember thinking, conceding 12 in 2 games was really bad. I think we won 2 aways that season such was mr Hughes ability as a manager.

I had to look it up!

We drew 4-4 at home to Everton in the 1925-26 season (at the end of which we were relegated).

But unbelievably, it's not even the first time we've shared 8 goals with Chelsea. We drew 4-4 there in Feb 1937, and won the title that season. Omen.
Then got relegated the next season :o
Bloody omens eh lol

Tottenham Johny Mackem anyone?
A friend and his wife turned up unexpected to our house and asked if he could watch the game with us. At half time we were both distraught and the ladies had taken themselves off to the kitchen.

When the looping Macken header went in we all were leaping about the living room and the neighbours must have thought we were trying to kill each other.

What a game that was.

Last edited:
I had to look it up!

And relegated following season.,Omen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.