When is a crime not a crime?

stony said:
After three unsuccessful burglary attempts at my wifes shop. We got told only one of them was being classed as an attempted burglary. This was because they actually managed to break down the outer door before being foiled by the inner door. The other two times, they disturbed the people in the flat above and ran away before managing to get in. Apparently being disturbed in the act and managing to run away before the police turn up 16 hours later, isn't regarded as a crime.
The latest one beggars belief. We share a yard with the hairdressers next door and turned up yesterday to find all the Yorkstone flags from the yard dug up and neatly stacked up awaiting removal.
We reported it to the police and they said no crime has been committed. Attempted burglary surely ? "Well we don't know that for sure, they haven't stolen anything and they might just have been working on the wrong shop"
What! In the fucking pitch black in the middle of the bastard night?

So the answer is. A crime is not a crime when GMP don't want it on their fucking statistics.

Useless *****!

Its obvious the dibble atending have copped out. You need to complain, to an inspector. The fact that someone without authoriation has entered your property(trespass) and attempted to steal your property is burglary. At the very least they should have given you a CN (Crime Number). This means the crime is recorded and has/should but never is investigated. By not giving you a CN the crime never happened and its looks like they are keeping crime down.

yeah but catching someone on his phone in the car who is just trying to get his job done by juggling 50 balls at the same time is a crime committed, crime solved.

aren't the police meant to detect and prevent crime, the only time they have actually come to my house regarding my scummy neighbours antics all they do is give a crime number then fcuk off to stop cyclist jumping red lights and other heinous crimes like that.

to much law, not enough order
P.S

how long before those scrote who killed that old dear by putting a firework through her door get the charge changed to man-slaughter?

does it mean that when scrotes do it again and the firework doesn't burn the house down they will be hunted down for attempted murder?....I doubt it, much like the scrotes who threw a breeze block at my brother in-laws car forcing him to slide onto the banking at 60 MPH on the M606, weren't hunted down for attempted murder. in fact the police didnt even attend the incident. to busy stopping people for eating sandwiches at the wheel.

brass neck said:
yeah but catching someone on his phone in the car who is just trying to get his job done by juggling 50 balls at the same time is a crime committed, crime solved.

aren't the police meant to detect and prevent crime, the only time they have actually come to my house regarding my scummy neighbours antics all they do is give a crime number then fcuk off to stop cyclist jumping red lights and other heinous crimes like that.

Sorry Brass neck but anyone using a hand held phone while driving a vehicle on the roads deserved to get nicked! In fact they should be banned!

BluePurgatory said:
brass neck said:

Sorry Brass neck but anyone using a hand held phone while driving a vehicle on the roads deserved to get nicked! In fact they should be banned!
yeah but its ok for the police to use there radio's in the vans eh!!!!!

brass neck said:
BluePurgatory said:
yeah but its ok for the police to use there radio's in the vans eh!!!!!

I didnt say that and two wrongs dont make a right.

On the day the use of a mobile phone while driving carried points plus a fine, I was pulled and fined.

Despite pulling over , applying the handbrake and only moving my phone from my pocket to the car phone cradle. I had failed to turn my engine off.

Using Hand held device while in control of a motor vehicle

The laws an ass.........

when involved in an RTA , where someone had tried to cut in at roadworks and clipped my front wing. The two guys in the car became very threatening , their boy racer buddies in the car behind soon joined in. Realising the situation was getting out of hand and despite their reluctance to supply me with their insurance details I gave them mine , jumped in my car and drove to the nearest "manned" police station and reported the incident.
seven weeks later I'm walking out of court three hundred quid lighter and 6 points on my licence
I had left the scene of an accident without EXCHANGING details.

The Laws an ass......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.