When someone breaks your trust

How do you react to these situations? Always something I've found hard to reconcile.
People always fail / let you down just as you will let them down. We are all imperfect humans and love allows us to transcend these failings. That's not to say you should let someone off the hook for being a **** though.

Your word is your bond. Live by that and expect that from others. Particularly those closest to you.

I couldn’t be close with anyone I didn’t trust completely.
professionally, its a difficult knife edge. Those I trusted implicitly were usually direct reports, hand chosen and seldom Let me down.
in private life, if someone breaks your trust, as the Emperor Claudius said, if you break a plate, you can repair it, but however fine the workmanship is, you can still see the crack.

It’s a horrible one.

personally I find the best way, is to somehow find reasoning and forgive - otherwise it just sticks.

I wont stop trusting people because people I have trusted in the past haven't kept their side of the bargain, life isn't an episode of a mob documentary FFS :)

Depends who it is and what they've done. If I found out my wife was slowly poisoning me and had taken out a large life insurance policy I doubt I could forgive her. If I fame home from work and Louie had drank my last cold beers I would call him a fat Greek ****, start locking my door and be over it in a couple of days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.