When was the last time...

The most important two last minute goals besides wembley 99 were Tony towers against academica last minute of extra time at Maine road 1970 and tommy booth at villa park 1969 both totally important because we went on to lift both trophies

I remember the 76 -77 season in the 1st division, when we was going neck and neck with Liverpool and also Ipswich who was playing some fantastic football, and we entertain Ipswich at Maine Rd on a Saturday, the match was heading for a 1-1 draw with minutes left, when City got a corner with only a minute to go and I watched big Dave Watson rise above everyone and planted a huge header into the back of the net [ my seat in the North Stand was just behind and slightly to one side of the goal, so I got an incredible view of the goal being scored ], and Maine Rd just erupted in celebration, but I ended up 4 rows down from my seat through all the rejoicing now that was a great day.....

Darius Vassel against Sunderland away in Sven's season. We went one-nil up with a pen I think, and then Whitehead scored for them. And then Vassell missed kick it and it trickled over the line. 87th minute, not the last kick of the game, but fairly late on.

adrianr said:
When was the last time we came from behind to win too? Have we even done that once under Mancini?

Off the top of my head I can think of;

Chelsea away - 4-2 (09/10)
Wolves Home - 4-3 (10/11)
Villa home - 3-1 (09/10)

Other than that i'm struggling but there's probably a couple more if we include all competitions too.

acton28 said:
Elano's strike at Boro in the last season of Sven was 87 mins... but I'm sure we had a chance to level it in stoppage.
8-8! What a game that would have been!

Anyone remember Kevin Horlock against Grimsby at Maine Road, last match in 1999 ?

It was very late - I'm pretty sure it was in injury time - and it sent us top of Div 1 (now Championship) for the new Millenium.

Anyone remember Duncan Davidson against Swansea in 83 / 84 season?
Injury time, score 1-1 and he gets in the box, smacks the ball, hits the post, rebounds in off the back of the diving Swans keeper!!!!

Also....... David White's third and City's TENTH against Huddersfield ;)

was gonna post this topic myself it was irelands against reading that was the 10th of ten straight home wins under sven... as for comebacks 2 against spuds , the 4-3 cup win obviously and weren't we behind when we beat them 2-1 under hughes when nedum powered home a winning header ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.