When Will Our Manager Address Our Defense??

June 19th, and the Hughes out transfer threads have already begun. Second one today. Jesus wept.

'your my boy said:
Richards looks very good at under 21 level, after that great season he had i still think he could be a class centre back.
Most of all i think he really wants it, wouldn't be surprised if he came back next season a much better player. He needs someone to look up to and learn off though. Is it possible he misses the influence of Corluka? A real calm, experienced defender?

(however he does seem to be twice the size of most players at under 21 level)

Nope. Corluka an 'influence' - ha, ha. You and 'Frank the Yank' haven't watched much 'soccer' have you? Kompany and Ned in the Centre, with Dunne for backup unless we sign someone else, Richards at RB, Zab can play either RB or DM if needed. Richards should never play CB again unless we're really desperate.

In no way is this be considered a "Hughes Out" thread if, indeed, thats what you meant. I have been talking about the defense for ages now and have a look at my original post for the reason. I think they are quite lucid.

As for Pale Blue why oyu having a pop at me?? I am just staing an opinion about Big Vince at CB as opposed to defensive mid. I ahve probably been watching City longer than you have been alive......

Its certainly a dilemma because based on last season only Ned deserves his place in the defence line up. Hopefully Dunne will get his form back and be solid again. We can always put Kompany in there as back up if need be. What is needed however is a quality right back with Zab as cover and decent left back to keep Bridge on his toes. Micahs way to erratic and I certainly wouldn't trust him in the CB position.

1. Kompany at CB
2. Barry at CM
3. Santa Cruz as CF

All help the defence.

Theoretically we should be able to keep the ball much longer, inviting less pressure on the defence with just the 3 changes above. It's not like Vinnie, Micah, Zab, Ned etc are bad defenders. It was more a case of us giving the ball away so much from long balls by the defence/keeper or playing on the counter etc that just meant that the lads at the back had much more to deal with. The reason Liverpool and United don't concede many is that the opposition just doesn't have the ball. That's the best form of defence. And with a player like Barry who can take the ball from the defence/DJ and link with the forward players, and SC/Tevez who can hold it up well I expect us to have a lot more possession this year.

Get the wide players to mark the full backs would be a start. If SWP can do it Robinho can.

The back four is not a major problem.

RSC will help us out defending corners like Goater did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.