Where can I download 64-bit drivers for a HP 550 laptop?

carrconormcfc said:
oneyeartillheaven said:
Do you have more than 3gb of RAM???
How would I check? Sorry for the late response

Press your windows button and type into the search bar "system information" click on the link that appears and that will show you how much RAM that you have.

There are 2 things that decide if you can use 64 bit software,

1. That your processor is compatible with it.
2. That you have 4gb of ram or more.

I could look up your processor but I don't think have enough RAM anyway. the diffrence between the 2 is how they handle the RAM, 64 bit is faster but needs at least 4 gb and can use up to something like 4 billion gb. 32 bit is not slow, but can use any amount of RAM up to 3gb. if you dont have 4gb you cant run 64 bit and it wouldnt be any faster anyway.

oneyeartillheaven said:
carrconormcfc said:
How would I check? Sorry for the late response

Press your windows button and type into the search bar "system information" click on the link that appears and that will show you how much RAM that you have.

There are 2 things that decide if you can use 64 bit software,

1. That your processor is compatible with it.
2. That you have 4gb of ram or more.

I could look up your processor but I don't think have enough RAM anyway. the diffrence between the 2 is how they handle the RAM, 64 bit is faster but needs at least 4 gb and can use up to something like 4 billion gb. 32 bit is not slow, but can use any amount of RAM up to 3gb. if you dont have 4gb you cant run 64 bit and it wouldnt be any faster anyway.
Just checked mate and I have 1gb! :s

So you're saying I should be on 32 bit software instead of 64 bit? Is there any way I could downgrade back to 32? Don't know why it's on 64 in the first place tbh.

you will need to reinstall windows.
for that you will need the installation disc and the product key.
choose the 32bit option.
i'm also intrigued why you have 64bit installed, did you buy the laptop from new with the OS already installed?
did you or someone you know install that software on it?
the reason i ask is, the laptop should have a sticker on it with the product key for its installed version of windows, and i'm pretty sure that you cant change from 64bit to 32bit without making the key invalid, i may be wrong, but something you should find out about before starting a new install.
another option would be to add some more RAM, i am currently running 64bit on just 2Gb.
it runs just as well as it did on 32bit software.
if you choose this option make sure you buy compatible memory, that is the same kind of RAM you have now.
good luck.

bluegonads said:
you will need to reinstall windows.
for that you will need the installation disc and the product key.
choose the 32bit option.
i'm also intrigued why you have 64bit installed, did you buy the laptop from new with the OS already installed?
did you or someone you know install that software on it?
the reason i ask is, the laptop should have a sticker on it with the product key for its installed version of windows, and i'm pretty sure that you cant change from 64bit to 32bit without making the key invalid, i may be wrong, but something you should find out about before starting a new install.
another option would be to add some more RAM, i am currently running 64bit on just 2Gb.
it runs just as well as it did on 32bit software.
if you choose this option make sure you buy compatible memory, that is the same kind of RAM you have now.
good luck.
The laptop broke a while ago so I'm guessing the bloke that fixed it must have installed the 64-bit software for some reason. I think I'm gonna take your advice and buy some extra RAM. Do you reckon 2gb of RAM would be enough for Football Manager to run smoothly?

you will see no difference at all if you get any less than 4gb of ram on a 64 bit system and you will also need a good processor.

get 3gb and get your laptop back to 32bit.

it will run like a beauty.

Oh and dont bother buying yourself ram just get yourself any flash drive and follow the instructions on the link.

Can save yourself cash time and hassle.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ehow.com/how_4431896_use-flash-drive-as-ram.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ehow.com/how_4431896_use-fla ... s-ram.html</a>

after reading this review.
<a class="postlink" href="http://whatlaptop.techradar.com/node/1359" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://whatlaptop.techradar.com/node/1359</a>

i'm wondering if your lappie actually has enough umph to play your game smoothly.
not just in terms of memory, but the processor and graphics chip may be a bit outdated and weak for your game to run smoothly.
try oneyeartillheaven's suggestion (good short-term idea that) and see how you go.
but i think maybe it is time to upgrade to something more powerful, especially as games (if thats your thing) are getting more and more graphic intensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.