Where has all this awesomeness come from?

It's the hunger to win the title back; same as 2013/14. It's maintaining that passion and desire when retaining it.

For the most part anyway imo, a much more suited formation and balance has certainly played a part.

Defenders enjoy defending, so when we're defending properly (and that includes the balance we get from both wingers defensively as well) the back four and 'keeper will be enjoying themselves more. Then the midfield and attack can go and express themselves more and the whole team is then enjoying themselves.

Whether you're Mourinho's Inter defending on your own six yard line not letting anything through like a brick wall, or you're Guardiola's Barça defending on the half way line winning the ball back after six seconds like a swarm of bees up near the opposition's box...defending properly is the key to success and the success of that will bring enjoyment!

Strikers win matches, defenders win titles!

Yes we may be extra hungry after last season but what will it take for us to win the league this season?

Formula for City to win the league

On the basis that we have the following AWAY games

Games that are potentially 25% to 75% against us

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Utd

Games that are 50/50

Spurs

Southampton

Everton (already have 3 points)

Swansea

Stoke

Games that are 75/25 in our favour

The remaining 10 teams of which we already have 3 points off West Brom.

On the basis that we will get 30 points off these 10 games and take say 50 points from our home games that will give us 80 points. So what do we then need from the remaining 75/25/and 50/50 games above for us to win the league. I feel that a lot of the top teams will take points off each other so it may not require a high points total to win the league

All this awesomeness has come from the fact that the City powers-that-be kept their head at the end of last year and didnt change the whole team because they're too old, or Kolorov because some bbc pundits were saying he is passed it etc.... We kept a (Supposedly ageing!) winning team together despite the press saying they''re finished. So for me, it has come from sensible boardroom decisions!

A great start (helped by WBA's tactics) add in confidence, hunger and most importantly...consistency in team selection! International break comes at the wrong time for us as you just know someone will get injured, otherwise I'd play the same 11 every week until form/injuries/suspensions prevent that.

It's early days but I think a mixture of things. The players have the hunger back and seem to be fresher. The world cup disrupted us last season and Yaya's mental state after losing his brother etc wouldn't have helped. On the pitch Sterling is adding heaps of width to our attack, with that gives Navas more space on his side and Silva is getting more time on the ball. We are getting behind defences better as we have more option. This is allowing Kolarov to get forward more and we aren't playing on our backfoot and looking lost in front. The great thing is Navas just needs to fix some of his descion making in and around the box and we will be seeing some 5+ goal games again this season.

Some very minor tweaking has massively improved us. All comes down to a bit more hunger and a better balance and shape. The only significant difference to last year is we have one less striker and a wide left attacking midfielder who can cause havoc on the attack and tracks back / defends. As a result we have more options in attack and look more solid down the left in defence.

Sterling is a better option on the left than anything we played last year. I like Nasri but he is a playmaker with little pace and alongside Silva / Yaya we can look a bit slow.

Silva / Yaya look on great form as the new shape has 3 options in Sterling, Aguero, Navas in front or wide to hit. This is better than having 2 strikers and no width.
Navas and sterling are very disciplined as AM’s (both on a par with Milner but playing in a role they want to play). This shape and discipline makes for a more solid defence.

Minor things making the team better both in attack and defence.

Defending properly, no more unnecessarily diving into challenges 40 yards from goal and getting turned. Sterling adding balance, and actually protecting his full back. Merlin playing out of his skin now he's in his best position. Also the lads have a point to prove, and all the media criticism/writing them off (City to finish 5th etc) must have helped, thanks media.

I like to think it's because they had their arses in their hands after last season and realised that they are good enough to take most teams to the cleaners and wasted a year of their careers. Being more fair, I think the world cup probably took its toll on them last season as they are human beings and need recovery. Sterling tracking back and grafting to help out closing down and Mangala having found his feet also helps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.