where it all started

Ik.ben.blue

In 1904 city fans woke up to their first FA cup finale and won, It was played at Crystal Palace Billy Meredith played with a tooth pick in his mouth and by all accounts scored an off side goal beating Bolton by the alleged off side goal, I would take that today. RIP all you 1904 true blues our club salutes you

In 1934 City fans woke up to John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Bonnie and Clyde all doing their thing, Fred Tilson and city were beating Portsmouth at Wembley 2-1 in a thunderstorm, Salute to all you long living loyal true blues! And we will not forget our lost blues!

Then 22 years later in 1956 Fidel Castro and his followers land in Cuba in the boat Granma, while Man City are stuffing Birmingham 3-1 at Wembley but Fidel will go on and on and on, and you’ve got to admit he is bigger than us, but I’ve not heard him say in a speech that I am bigger than Man City! So fare play to him for that!

Only having to wait 13 years for the next victory in 1969 would have been nice for the for the fans, I was 9 and had only been once to Main Road, but considered myself a true blue in the making the atmosphere at Main Road just sent shivers down my spine but maybe not as much as the Vietnam war on the telly!

2011, 32 years later there’s still war on the telly! But we will wake up with expectation just like the blues of 1904 1926 1933 1934 1955 1956 1969 1981 modern technology gives us unprecedented TV coverage early TV let Ricky Villa scar me for life! That goal he scored is permanently etched into my mind and cannot be erased, if the same thing happens again to-day (we get beat that is, not Ricky Villa jumping out of my mind and onto the telly and scoring that goal again) we will all be permanently scared

But what might help is a win to-day new memories’ to over shadow the old ones. I expect us to win to-day whereas back in 81 against a very good Spurs side, I just hoped, and when they beat us I was very disappointed, but it was ok to hold your head up high the next day, we played well, and getting beat by a big club and a good team was no disgrace, I know Stoke will fight hard but too get beat by them a little club and no really big name players will not give me the same luxury

I hope the Stoke fans have a good but ultimately a disappointing day, they can hold they heads up high the next day and say, well we did ok against a big club and good team. Let this be our day, for city fans everywhere, a day we remember forever champagne flying all over the place and the city team holding up the FA cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.