Where will we finish.....

bluemooninho

I have taken a look at the teams around us and their remaining fixtutres to have a look where we should realistically finish at the end of the season and I think it makes for some interesting reading.

Manchester City

Sunderland (h) - 3 pts
Arsenal (a) - 0 pts
Fulham (h) - 3 pts
West Brom (h) - 3pts
Everton (a) - 0-1 pts
Blackburn (h) - 3 pts
Scum (a) - 0 pts (pains me to say it but this realistic)
Tottenham (a) - 0-1 pts
Bolton (h) - 3 pts

Total of 15-17 pts. Finish on 50-52 pts

West Ham

Blackburn (a) - 1 pt
Sunderland (h) - 3 pts
Tottenham (a) - 1 pt
Aston Villa (a) - 0 pts
Chelsea (h) - 0 pts
Stoke (a) - 3 pts
Liverpool (h) - 0 pts
Everton (a) - 0 pts
Middlesbrough (h) - 3 pts

Total of 10-11 pts. Finish on 50-51 pts

Wigan

Hull (h) - 3 pts
Everton (a) - 0 pts
Arsenal (h) - 0 pts
Scum (h) - 0 pts
Blackburn (a) - 0 pts
Bolton (h) - 3 pts
West Brom (a) - 3 pts
Stoke (a) - 3 pts
Portsmouth (h) - 0-1 pts

Total of 12-13 pts. Finish on 50-51 pts

Fulham

Scum - (h) - 0 pts
Liverpool (h) - 0 pts
City (a) - 0 pts
Middlesbrough (a) - 1-3 pts
Stoke (h) - 3 pts
Chelsea (a) - 0 pts
Aston Villa (h) - 0 pts
Newcastle (a) - 3 pts
Everton (h) - 0-1 pts

Total of 7-10pts. Finish on 44-47 pts.

Tottenham

Chelsea (h) - 0 pts
Blackburn (a) - 1-3 pts
West Ham (h) - 1 pt
Newcastle (h) - 3 pts
Scum (a) - 0 pts
West Brom (h) - 3 pts
Everton (a) - 0 ots
City (h) - 1-3 pts
Liverpool (a) - 0 pts

Total of 9-13 pts. Finish on 44-48 pts.

So judging by this, we have a very good chance of stealing that 7th spot from under the noses of the likes of West Ham, Wigan and Fulham and hopefully avoid this late surge by Tottenham.

Anybody have anything to add???

I think you have shown that the margins are very fine. Towards the end of the season results become less predictable as teams in the bottom 3 always ( Derby excepted) seem to pick up points. Also teams at the top end tend to slip up as they come under a different kind of pressure.
Realistically 7th place is the best we can achieve, but to get that we will need to be better and more consistent than we have been so far. I can't see it happening TBH. I think we will finish in 9th place.

Good round up of it all, but we all know what can happen.

I think we have a full squad after the Sunderland game, everyones back so I think we can maybe win 1 and draw 1 away as we will be playing teams that will attack and it will suit us down to the ground. Im also thinking win on thurs as we should and the Uefa cup games might hit our league form but hopefully not if we have everyone fit, just need to take one game at a time.

Shooter 83 said:
Good round up of it all, but we all know what can happen.

I think we have a full squad after the Sunderland game, everyones back so I think we can maybe win 1 and draw 1 away as we will be playing teams that will attack and it will suit us down to the ground. Im also thinking win on thurs as we should and the Uefa cup games might hit our league form but hopefully not if we have everyone fit, just need to take one game at a time.

Very good point about UEFA games having an effect on the team. Hopefully though, our squad will have the flexibility by this time and we should be able to cope with the extra few games. I think that (other than the Chelsea game) we seem to be hitting a little bit of form lately and getting some decent results (Liverpool and Aston Villa spring to mind). if we can carry this on, I really think we can get that 7th spot!

Finger crossed

CTID

If we continue to progress nicely in the UEFA Cup, and also given our PATHETIC away form, 8th is the best we can hope for now in my opinion. Unless West Ham keep getting more injuries and go on a poor run of form.

i think we will finsh 8th behind wigan - unfotunatly, but with a bit of luck we might nick 7th

pie eaters , the elephant man & the hypocrite whealen in europe , doesnt bare thinking about

ide see us pushing for 8th or 9th. Our run is suggest we wont take more than 1 or 2 points away from home for the rest of the season.

Obviously all the home games look very winnable on paper, but it doesn't always work out like that. West Brom, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland could be fighting for their lives. Remember Fulham last season! (And we NEVER beat West Brom!)

I think we will be relegated....

Only joking, looks like 9-10 place to me, far too inconsistent. We will drop points at home, remember how sloppy we were last season towards the end ie Fulham?

Hopefully we will be in the latter stages of the UEFA so they might take their eye of the league I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.