Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

Bar having to listen to the usual ill informed bellends spouting their goading toss, I really couldn't care less. Even then, I've mastered the art of sitting quietly and nodding along with whatever they say with a smile on my face

...and if they question further "so do you want Pep out then?" I resort to the "Do you know, I hadn't even thought about that, but I will do now and get back to you".

Seems to deflate them somewhat - to the point where not one of them has ever enquired about my considered opinion of whatever they spouted off about was.

Last edited:
I was distraught last night as I was contemplating going to the final again to get the Porto result out of my system but this morning the pain had subsided a little and I’ll consider it a game of very fine margins (e.g. the Grealish attempt that was only stopped by a stud).

As long as we win the League and the cult are prevented from doing the unthinkable then I’ll be happy

Luton by far !

Already knew we were down in 98 with a few games to go, even before watching Pollocks own goal unfold before my eyes on the Kippax level with the 18 yard line.

Last night, knew as soon as Madrid equalised we were done and would have happily gone to bed and put my house on the result.

This is worse than last year as then we were beaten by the better team on the night. To outplay your opponents over two legs and lose in that manner is totally sickening. I rank it alongside '96 as the worst moment (I was too young in '83).

This was bad but not as bad as the Luton relegation match in 1983.

This.

Every single relegation was a bigger disappointment. Plus the FA Cup 4-2 loss against Spurs at Maine Road in 91 or 92. We didn't often get chances to win something and I thought that could have been our year.

We know now we'll get another chance at the Champions League next year. Plus the league is still doable!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.