Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

The manner of it is obviously the killer, if we just didn't show up and Madrid strolled to a comfortable 2/3-0 win then it wouldn't be anywhere near as painful.

But two goals in front going in to the 90th minute...

I've had many disappointing experiences watching City, first one that really hurt was Tommy Hutcinsons og against Spurs, walking out of Wembley as a 14 year old singing we'll be back while trying to hold back the tears.
I've seen relegation, shock losses and dreams shattered along the way.
Last night hurts, we'd got in a position where we were minutes away from a second consecutive champs league final, we were in control of our destiny, I desperately wanted to humiliate the victims in Paris, little old City to smash the media darlings on the biggest stage of all, then it all went to shit.
It's a journey watching City, some magnificent crazy highs and some equally shitty lows, I hope last night hasn't demoralised the team too much, we pick ourselves up for the weekend and win the Premier league again.

In recent years the ones that spring to mind are Wigan 2013, Wigan 2014, Wigan 2018, Liverpool 2018, Spurs 2019, Chelsea 2021. Historically Spurs 1981, Luton 1983.

Unusual for league defeats to be so depressing unless it leads directly to a relegation like the Luton game or thinking we're going to miss out on a title like Sunderland and Arsenal in 2012.

Different to rank them but this one is up there with the Spurs game due to the main disappointment being right at the end of the game when we thought we were going to win.

Maybe recency bias, but i'd have it right up there in the top 3

The relegation in 1996 is still number 1 for me.

In recent years the ones that spring to mind are Wigan 2013, Wigan 2014, Wigan 2018, Liverpool 2018, Spurs 2019, Chelsea 2021. Historically Spurs 1981, Luton 1983.

Unusual for league defeats to be so depressing unless it leads directly to a relegation like the Luton game or thinking we're going to miss out on a title like Sunderland and Arsenal in 2012.

Different to rank them but this one is up there with the Spurs game due to the main disappointment being right at the end of the game when we thought we were going to win.
Totally forgot about the Wigan FA Cup final :(

I said this on social media when talking with City fans.

I remember being relegated to division 2. That doesn't mean this doesn't hurt because our expectations are understandably adjusted now, but choking a UCL semi final to Real Madrid will never come close to going down at Stoke City's shithole flat-pack "stadium".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.