Which away grounds are the unfriendliest to visit?

mergatroid

In America annoying mcfcliam & LongsightM13
Have read reports in the past of certain grounds being dangerous to go to as an away supporter. Leeds, Millwall and Chelsea seem to be mentioned as having a bad reputation where the opposition support get a hard time when visiting. This was a few years back however and I was wondering if going to away games is still a little dangerous at times? Also has anyone ever attended and seen lot's of fighting in person or have any good stories?

Stoke a few years ago was dodgy but not bad now. Having said that it kicked off big style when they played Cardiff the other week.

I still judge it by would I risk taking my kids there. Not that I expect them to suffer anything but would not want them to witness it. Happily take them to places like West Ham and Chelsea now but probably still wouldn't do Milwall with them. Could imagine if Leeds cam up they could still be a bit naughty as well. Quite often seems to be one's who've hung around in the lower divisions that are still in the dark ages.

In my 36 years of following City a few stand out.
Leeds and Newcastle away 76/77 cup games
Luton away L Cup earlies 80s night match
Everton away FAC 6th rd 81
Millwall and West Ham in the 70s and 80s went with a WHU lad a few times.
Spurs away late 70s
Birmingham away and WBA about 77-78
Utd away 1980
Liverpool away 81 semi in Stanley Park
To name a few, worst ever trouble for me Euro Finals in 1980.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.