Which away grounds are the unfriendliest to visit?

Rag troll. Seriously, why don't you just do one? The mods are only keeping you alive for comedy value.
This guy is a sadder Rag than Mr Raggety the Rag and Bone man wearinga suit of Rags while singing the Irish folk lament 'On Raglan Road' while his ugly Missus was on the Rag so stayed in listening to Ragga

Sheff United was pretty intimidating, bunch of loons them lot.
Got threatened with a smack on the chops at Stadium of Light just because I wouldn't give this mackem a sip of my beer! 'I'll fuck'n chin ya in a minnit like'. Nob. That was more funny than intimidating though. Yeah i'd have to say Bramall Lane.

mergatroid said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
In my 36 years of following City a few stand out.
Leeds and Newcastle away 76/77 cup games
Luton away L Cup earlies 80s night match
Everton away FAC 6th rd 81
Millwall and West Ham in the 70s and 80s went with a WHU lad a few times.
Spurs away late 70s
Birmingham away and WBA about 77-78
Utd away 1980
Liverpool away 81 semi in Stanley Park
To name a few, worst ever trouble for me Euro Finals in 1980.

Thanks bud, the dates seem to show that it must have been much worse in the 70's/80's! Was the old Maine Rd a friendly place to visit back then or was it somewhere that away supporters didn't enjoy visiting?
A lot of away fans hated it and it was even suggested that just because it was in Moss Side it put a lot of them off. The terraced streets and alley ways was something that made Maine Rd and a few other grounds very intimidating. Didn't stop a few like Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham coming and having a go though.

I sometimes look back and think why did I risk going to some away games. I am not a hard nut and I think why did I risk it just to see a footy match. But you did at the time and it didn't seem that bad. But like some have mentioned, games at Liverpool and Everton in the early 80s you felt happy to get home unscathed.

LongsightM13 said:
Rag troll. Seriously, why don't you just do one? The mods are only keeping you alive for comedy value.
This guy is a sadder Rag than Mr Raggety the Rag and Bone man wearinga suit of Rags while singing the Irish folk lament 'On Raglan Road' while his ugly Mississippi was on the Rag.

Yep, I'm only joining in because the topic interests me.

Was the old Maine Rd a friendly place to visit back then

This comment all but confirms what Mergatroid is, a troll.

Over the years ive seen trouble at Leeds, millwall, everton,Stoke, Liverpool, united, Swindon, Plymouth, Huddersfield, hull, Leicester and crystal palace Mostly 80's and 90's..

Worst I ever saw was at wembley and in London for England v Scotland 1988. Fcking frightening that was...

Nowadays I would still be wary of millwall, Leeds and Cardiff if they got up.

mcfcliam said:
Old Trafford.

Not because of the 'hooligans', I just fucking hate the place and their fucking plastic, arrogant fans.

The club treat us like shit when we play them.

For the hooligan element: Stoke

That surprises me as I've not heard much about them till this thread? (not that I doubt you as you've obviously experienced it and I haven't).

mergatroid said:
mcfcliam said:
Old Trafford.

Not because of the 'hooligans', I just fucking hate the place and their fucking plastic, arrogant fans.

That surprises me as I've not heard much about them till this thread? (not that I doubt you as you've obviously experienced it and I haven't).

I ain't experienced it, I'm 18 years old.

I've been to Stoke 4 times though and their fans are complete and utter dinosaurs living in the 50's.

mergatroid said:
mcfcliam said:
Old Trafford.

Stoke are, depending what you believe, largely at fault for the Oldham riots 10 years ago. Always thought of Stoke fans as being a bit handy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.