Which Broadband

I read on a website last week that tiscali are not that good either.

I found some link to compare providers are they were top of the complaints list.

I'm about to sack BT for phone & broadband (I currently pay £49.50 pm!!!)

I'm looking at going with TalkTalk for £19.99 pm which looks a good deal?

Anyone else on this?

Been with them for about 10 years and it's really a culmination of things. To cap it all, last week I was booking...sorry attempting to book some flights when my system (NTL) crashed, not just the internet either the tv channels too. I tried to get through on the phone, on hold for 30 mins then unceremoniously cut off. I rang back, same again. When I eventually got through they told me it would be back up that evening, ok I said that will be ok......it was 4 days later by the time I could get back on. By that time the flights I'd been trying to book were no longer available and as my holidays had to be at that time, now I can't go on that trip. I was a little bit miffed to say the least. I phoned them again to complain, same thing, cut off etc, etc so eventually they're are getting slung. When I do eventually get through to someone to disconnect they will be getting a right fookin earfull too.

Chris Mac said:
I'm changing my provider as NTL are totally crap. I've put up with their shit long enoiugh so I need to change. I've been looking at Tiscali as they seem to have a good deal on 8mb plus calls. Problem is there are that many out there....any reccomendations?
Have you thought about Sky? http://broadband.sky.com/
Not sure how good but the price and speed look good.

up to 16Mb Unlimited, no activation fee, and only £10 a month, something we are looking at now, is anyone else using Sky?

alib said:
I'm about to sack BT for phone & broadband (I currently pay £49.50 pm!!!)

I'm looking at going with TalkTalk for £19.99 pm which looks a good deal?

Anyone else on this?
27.99 here on BT Broadband and free calls after 6pm and free weekends.

They do however overcharge you for the first 3 months but soon evens itself out :)

I`m with Tiscali....been with them almost 2 years. I`ve not had a problem with the service, if you can tolerate call centres in India, and my current package of £17.99 for 8mb (my line gives me about 3mb max but is improving) with free week-end calls is a decent price.
But my advice would be to hold off, as there`s a price war on the horizon. I got a Tiscali e-mail sounding me out for £19.99 per month which included the BT line rental that I pay, and that was for free calls all time. They`re seeing if the demand is there. The only problem is a 18 month tie-in.

ps just don`t buy anything from the Tiscali shop, or their download section.....unreliable, and shit. And trying to get money back is impossible.

zandvoort blue said:
I`m with Tiscali....been with them almost 2 years. I`ve not had a problem with the service, if you can tolerate call centres in India, and my current package of £17.99 for 8mb (my line gives me about 3mb max but is improving) with free week-end calls is a decent price.

Just about my experience with them. Had a job getting it re-connected when I moved house, but once connected the service has been excellent.

tiscali, are o.k. but i did upgrage my connection from 1mb to 2mb but they didn't change the line, so for the past 6 months i have only had a 1mb line,still waiting for some form of comp.

any one with sky? £10 for 8mb not bad that!

D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.