Which City goal gave you so much joy?

Re: WHICH CITY GOAL GAVE YOU SO MUCH JOY ?

have to agree with the OP
although Tommy Booth's 89th minute winner against Everton in the 69 semi-final was a pretty good feeling

also the goal paul stewart scored away at bradford to give us the first away win in two seasons. stood in front of the fans with his top lip quivering while we danced like we had won the lottery.

roslers chip in the fa cup gave me loads of joy at the time, ruined a bit when that joke of a pen was awarded.

BlueMoon93 said:
Last season I'd go with Robi free kick v Chelsea. It was surreal watching that guy on our field and you knew exactly who was gonna take that free kick. I didn't realise it took a deflection until I saw it on MOTD due to being sat level with it in 222. That was sheer jubilation and the moment when it clocked on what things were to come at City.

This was an amazing moment/goal. was in hotel room in LA watching on internet and it was a sticky feed, knew the it was going in even though the feed was frozen after he hit it, sure enough when the feed picked up the ball ripped the twine. and totally agree a sign a things to come (especially given the final result of that match) pure joy

Dickov. I had just started supporting City the year before, just before the 5-1 with Stoke that sent us both down, and was on the phone to someone trying to order pirated PS1 games, thinking we'd already been beaten. Dickov scores against Gillingham and I deafen the guy on the blower jumping about the room like a madman with my family hehe

Other mentionable one was Micah's against Villa that sent us into a replay in the cup in 2005/06 followed by him leaping into the crowd.

Its always best when you think we're already beaten :)

Don't want to harp on about it.
I'm 46 been to loads of derbys.....But Giovannis
my Sons 1st Derby,Thought we'd get beat.
Micah quitened Tevez that day.
Fckin' well emotional for me.
Tears in my fcukin'eyes.
Not easy here 5 yrs ago selling CITY to him
but he's here now forever.

obviously wembley was the most mental. but when anelka scored again the scum that was awsome for me as i had never seen us take the lead in a derby. and big robs goal against chelsea was pretty special. or geos goal in the derby. or when vass scored at ot. or benji at schalke. or maybe the goat against wigan in the play off semi. or his goal at ewood. i dont know....too many to choose from.

summerleebelldoyle said:
george heslops header from edge of penalty area.against stretford..68/69 we won 3 - 1 at trafford

Don't want to be picky (but I am going to ) . Wasn't that 67/68 ?

One goal above all others stands out for me. And because I am old I am always right, this goal was , I believe, the turning point . Colin Bell at Rotherham.

Oh and Dickys and Denis Laws and The Goats and Kinkies and and and and................................Sun Ji,s against Middlesborough. He must have run the entire length of the field to put that one away.

The thick T***

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.