Which is the better scenario? (remaining fixtures)

travelman said:
Beating ushited is the only option, if we then lose the title it was because we wasn't good enough this year. Them winning or drawing in our ground will have them crowing even more than ever. City must win.

I agree with this, we must beat the rags at home to stand any chance. They will beat Swansea, we may have to settle for a point against the Toon but we won there last year. I expect we will beat QPR and then hopefully the ex blue that is Martin O'neil will do us a favour and not let them win their last game. On a side note I'm feeling sick in my stomach already I'll be glad when we can go and lie on a beach somewhere for a few weeks.

If you were given the opportunity to swap the remaining fixtures and current league position, would you, knowing that you really need a draw at the swamp

3 points behind, two to play at home one of which is against the team above you and one match away

3 points ahead, two away games one against the team directly behind you and one match at home

With our patchy away record and our consistent home form, I think I'd rather take the scenario we're in

If we win our last two games and the Rags lose theirs, we can still win the league even if they beat us, surely? We will both be on 86 points and we will still have the better goal difference...unless they tonk us. In that case, I would be extremely happy. Winning the league is more important than beating the Rags in a one-off game, especially as the 1-6 memory is everlasting.

Still think 7 points could see us home on goal difference,providing we beat united i can see them dropping points against either Swansea or Sunderland.If we beat them on Monday the pressure has shifted big time back on them.

Carstairs said:
I fancy Swansea to get a point at the swamp.

Seeing B.Rogers face on MOTD2 on Sunday, after Mancini said it was going to be an easy game for the rags, he knows he has no option but to motivate the jacks to go out and get a draw at least.

They definitely won't roll over and if Everton can score 4, Rogers will be thinking that with some clinical finishing they can get something.

hgblue said:
We dick United on Monday, then rub their noses in it by beating Newcastle. This is the only scenario that I'm prepared to contemplate at the moment.

Absolutely this. Rub their fucking noses in it.

I want them to have that feeling of helplessness.

If you think the pressure is on before the derby, the shit and bile from both United and Newcastle, going into the next game will be like nothing before.

Last throw of the dice and it would absolutely break their hearts to see us win at St James' Park.

I could even see them drawing with Swansea just a few hours later if we take away that big hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.