Which players has Mancini sidelined?

Didsbury Dave

The Times ran a good article this morning about the new regime under Mancini. It had obviously been leaked straight from one of the players. Some of the information was already in the public domain - the double training sessions, the staying in a hotel, the effective cancellation of Christmas. One thing that caught my attention, though, was that apparently Mancini has surprised everyone by effectively sidelining several players who were previously integral to Hughes's plans.

I am intrigued as to who they may be? I am sure he is not coming in blind, he's been watching us and taking lots of advice so I'm hopeful he won't be making any awful decisions.

My guesses are Wright Phillips, Sylvenio and Richards. I'm not saying I'd leave these three out, I wouldn't. I'm just going on gut feel.

Comments, anyone?

kinkysleftfoot said:
sweep!!!!!

Don't be silly!

I hope not, he'd be in mt 11 every time.

I've just got a feeling. He mentioned Tevez and Robinho as good players so I think he'll accomodate those two. If he's got half a brain he'll get Ireland in there. So I just worry SWP may miss out.

Im with you on the SWP dropping, i don't think he deserves it but if Mancini plays his 4-3-1-2 then i cant see where SWP would fit.

I'd expect the midfield to be Superman,NDJ,Barry but thats just my guess

He hasn't "sidelined" anyone, imo. It's the press doing what they normally do. Also, SWP is injured, so if being on the treatment table means that Mancini has "sidelined" him, then yeah... SWP has been sidelined by Bobby.

lhiggin2 said:
He needs to get Kompany in the defence for me...

You will get your wish on Saturday as everyones injured. He looked like a man possesed when he came on the other day(apart from the goal) so lets have a look at him, boot that Beattie/fuller into 111, do me.

Tricky_Trev said:
He hasn't "sidelined" anyone, imo. It's the press doing what they normally do. Also, SWP is injured, so if being on the treatment table means that Mancini has "sidelined" him, then yeah... SWP has been sidelined by Bobby.

Today's Times article is definitely straight from one of the playing staff. Definitely.

Good read that. Under Hughes its befome all too predictable with SWP always starting on the right, Robinho (when fit) shoehorned into a left wing position, Bellamy playing on the wing, Ireland and Barry covering the same ground in the middle. It had become accepted that this is the way city must play, im looking forward to mancini tearing up the previous formation/tactics/starting favourites and starting again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.