Which secondary school did you attend?

I went to its predecessor, Burnage Grammar School, 1963 to 1969.
Other Alumni included Alan Badel the actor, Norman Foster, the architect and Michael Croft, founder of the National Youth theatre and in my time Rob Behrens, the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, the Smithson brothers, Mike, an ex Lib Dem MP and John, a BAFTA winning film director and Ian Young of Sad Cafe fame.

I loathed every minute I was there.
Ian Wilson mate.I was at Burnage Grammar 1964 to 1969.

Brass neck sounds familiar. Dont remember the other. I remember the headmaster Mr Hockly?? Was called batman as he used to wear a black robe all the time.
Hockley left the year I started, I think. "Brass Neck" was the French teacher, Mr Graham. He played a brass instrument in the school band and had a long neck. "Vampire" was Mr Thomas the maths teacher...proper scruffy twat of a teacher. Looked like a werewolf, so he got called.... "Vampire" (we got our Hammer Horror characters a bit mixed up back then). The kids would go by his classroom doing wolf howls.

Stand Grammar Boys school via 11 plus, best that it's long gone as the majority of teachers were dodgy. Luckily great for football and a mix of City, Utsmd, Bolton and Bury fans , some graduated to oxbridge, some to borstal. Mark E Smith and some bloke from 10cc went there.

Boteler grammar school, Warrington, 1974-1979. The school was formed in 1526 so it'll be our 500th anniversary in a couple of years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.