Which secondary school did you attend?

Ducie Tech. 1962 - 65 A few hundred yards from Maine Rd. Don't know if the school is still standing.
I used to travel there from Middleton, I'd never heard of a "barm cake" 'till I went there.

Haha. I did my seven years there but was at Uni before you started. Mixed feelings. I was a poor local lad and so thought it was really posh. TBH they treated me with disdain in that elitist and racist kinda way. I now realise that everyone treats me in a similar fashion as I a maverick and that's the way I like it. ;)

I was the only kid on the first day who had a wooden lacrosse stick and no blazer as my mum was skint. In the 6th form aged 18 I got my first car - a £50 pound Fiat panda and some 17 year old kid turned up in a yellow Ferrari as his first car. I had one mate for the full 7 years and barely spoke to a sole. Always been a bit antisocial.

I was the only kid on the first day who had a wooden lacrosse stick and no blazer as my mum was skint. In the 6th form aged 18 I got my first car - a £50 pound Fiat panda and some 17 year old kid turned up in a yellow Ferrari as his first car. I had one mate for the full 7 years and barely spoke to a sole. Always been a bit antisocial.

Wasn't that the Sikh kid who rocked up in the yellow Ferrari, I remember him and he went bankrupt and locked up for VAT fraud if I recall correctly?

I was offered a scholarship to William Hulme back in 85/86 as one of the local poor kids, but my inverted snobbery got the better of me and went to the new Trinity School which was opening that summer, instead.

Sometimes I do regret that missed opportunity, although I did get to meet Terry Waite opening my school before he was kidnapped not long after.

The great Danny Welshit and the lovely Tina 'O Brien went to my school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.