Which set of fans likes us the most?

stony said:
If you look on the forums then Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and Villa detest us.

I know a Spurs supporter who hates City more than any club on the planet. Why? I have no idea.

I visit alot of forums though, (I have a fondness for Sunderland, and I love Barcelona), and City fans in general are the best overall football fans of the top English clubs. I've found Manu, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs forums to have alot of bitter fans, throwing alot of insults around.

Over recent years Fulham, Leeds, Wolves, Stoke etc.

My lad has moved up to Glasgow, and he informs me that Rangers and Hearts especially adore us. I phoned him at the end of the derby, which he was watching in a Rangers pub and i struggled to hear him, the place was absolutely rocking.

This is too good, my Spurs mate loves Rangers, wait til I tell him this!

I never get to see the Scottish leagues, but based on my studying them I sort of like Hearts, and let's not forget FC Peterhead!

I know Liverpool fans love us at the moment for humiliating the rags. My rag mate who works in Liverpool on the railways was getting texts on derby day off them saying it was the best day of their lives, even better than winning the CL last time round. Sometimes it's nice to be loved :)

We're at QPR on Saturday and they, along with West Ham, are the soundest fans in London on past experience, proper working class clubs.
Some Villa fans may moan about us on forums but always found them decent lads at their place.
Baggies fans tend to be down to earth and pragmatic people and don't mind us either.
Brum and Wolves seem to hate us for some reason, as do Forest fans who are very, very bitter.
Sheffield Wednesday seem to like us a lot more than Blades supporters.
Locally, Bolton aren't exactly fans of ours but hate the rags almost as much as we do. Unlike Wigan, a lot of whom seem to support United as well.
From last year's cup run, Leicester and Notts County seem to respect our support, while the mutual applause with the Stoke fans at the game after the cup final, following a friendly day at Wembley, was as surprising as it was welcome, given the previous bad blood between the clubs.

ClaudioDeyna said:
danburge82 said:
West Ham fans are a decent bunch. They've always been great with us. My Dad remembers an away day there in the 80's where we were relegated and the West Ham fans invaded the pitch at the end and ran to the City end and applauded the Blues. Then my Dad said the walk out of the ground was seen with the Hammers along the road shouting "hope to see you back soon" and people clapping.

I went to West Ham away on my birthday about five or six years ago and ended up in a West Ham pub and their lot were drinking and singing with us.

They're the only other set of fans in the country i like. I'm sure they feel the same about us.

I was at that 80s match and it really was amazing. You don't forget stuff like that. Good bunch and I was sorry to see them relegated.

^^^^^^ this ....

I live and work in Nottingham and was a season ticket holder until this season. There are fans of forest derby leicester derby mansfield spurs etc at work and all want city to win the league. All love the fact that city could win the league. So many came to me after the derby with big smiles on their faces.

i only seem to encounter city haters on forums.

salfordpaul said:
brentford fans hate us, watched us in london on a weekend break with the mrs against red dippers last year! thats why i don t get the uwe love in! love uwe hate brentford!

Not true mate.
I work in the smoke through the week and last Brentford game I was at (Stevenage last week) didn't hear a bad word against us all night.
In truth though there's always going to be opinions that differ.
I work with 2 great Brentford lads and they love us!!

Few Liverpool supporters I know really want us to win the league over Chelsea/United and were obviously over the moon with the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.