Whingers Out

BlueRoo

I am a lifelong City fan and was lucky enough to see the glory days. Now I'm 12000 miles away and catch up with the City news on BBC and Bluemoon. City fans have always been dour and liked to be downtrodden and the underdog. Being a battler is an admirable quality and it is always good to be David beating Goliath. But do we always want to be the underdog. Why is there so much negative comment on this site and with City supporters? It is good to debate topics and see both sides but to be so negative all the time rubs off. If you continually tell yourself you aren't good enough, then you aren't going to win anything. I think deep down many of you want to be second best. City has everything going for it at present - a good ground, a good team with some of the best players in the world, a good and loyal set of fans and a financial backing that every other team in the world must envy. City fans have always turned easily - in my day it was Ian Bowyer (he went on to win European Cup medals). Neil Young and Joe Corrigan all had their boo boys and now they are in Rick's top fifty of all time. Look at the successful clubs in any sport in the world and look at the fans' faith. The more successful the team, the less negative comment. Don't you think the negative comments have an impact. Can I suggest for 1 week (or at least one day) every post is positive. Give Hughes a go. Forget about Mills. Stop talking about the worst buy ever. Be positive. This club can go places over the next 10, 20, 30 years. Is that what we want. I do. I want to support a successful club again.

BlueRoo said:
I am a lifelong City fan and was lucky enough to see the glory days. Now I'm 12000 miles away and catch up with the City news on BBC and Bluemoon. City fans have always been dour and liked to be downtrodden and the underdog. Being a battler is an admirable quality and it is always good to be David beating Goliath. But do we always want to be the underdog. Why is there so much negative comment on this site and with City supporters? It is good to debate topics and see both sides but to be so negative all the time rubs off. If you continually tell yourself you aren't good enough, then you aren't going to win anything. I think deep down many of you want to be second best. City has everything going for it at present - a good ground, a good team with some of the best players in the world, a good and loyal set of fans and a financial backing that every other team in the world must envy. City fans have always turned easily - in my day it was Ian Bowyer (he went on to win European Cup medals). Neil Young and Joe Corrigan all had their boo boys and now they are in Rick's top fifty of all time. Look at the successful clubs in any sport in the world and look at the fans' faith. The more successful the team, the less negative comment. Don't you think the negative comments have an impact. Can I suggest for 1 week (or at least one day) every post is positive. Give Hughes a go. Forget about Mills. Stop talking about the worst buy ever. Be positive. This club can go places over the next 10, 20, 30 years. Is that what we want. I do. I want to support a successful club again.

totally agree m8 but you forgot good manager

BlueRoo said:

Well said that man.

Good post........As supporters our job is fundamentally to support ! Back the team and the manager 100% !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.