Who’s gone in the summer?

Because he isn't good enough on a consistent basis. For every great goal there are half a dozen where if he had just squared the ball instead of shooting it would've been an easy tap in, and for every good game there are two or three where he drifts in and out. Oh, and he's also completely ineffectual off the bench. The fact that our record signing can't even force a wildly out of form Bernardo Silva out of the side pretty much tells me what Pep thinks also. I really wanted it to work but it just hasn't, and he's at an age where he's unlikely to improve.

He's scored 6 goals and has 11 assists already but ok lol.

To be consistent you have to play consistently.

Mahrez started the season one of our best players.

Mahrez is a blue moon scapegoat.

He's scored 6 goals and has 11 assists already but ok lol.

To be consistent you have to play consistently.

Mahrez started the season one of our best players.

Mahrez is a blue moon scapegoat.
His counting stats aren't the issue, it's what I said, he's too up and down to be reliable, and often displays poor decision making. He isn't a bad player, I feel we can do better though.

Bravo, Ota, Angelino, Merlin, Ferna

On top of that there is a possibility that one of Mendy/Zinchenko goes.

I think we will try to bring Lautaro Martinez.

Some fantastic prospects you've listed.

Carvaniga definitely. Looks the business. Tonali seems destined for a different league. Not sure he'll be appreciated here. Upamecano for Otamendi is a God shout. Not as sold on either Date or Delefou as the Sane replacement.

Carvaniga, Upamecano and Boadu would be a fantastic summer haul. But I'd still need that speed Winger.
Maybe Neres or Ikone as they're technical, rapid and left footed. Ikone is especially interesting as he plays as a CAM for Lille, which suggests he should have great vision and passing if he gets converted to a winger

Ederson, [Steffen], [Muric]
Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Laporte, Garcia, THB, Mendy, Angelino, Zinchenko
Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden
Sterling, Mahrez, Aguero, Jesus, ?
This gives a clear picture of areas of need. If we want to go the needs route.

Mendy and John's injury history makes them questions. A battle for backup keeper should commence. We might not need to bring someone in. And we need a 3rd Winger (preferably a Speed demon).

Other than that. Everything else only do if it a can't miss WC prospect.

Maybe Neres or Ikone as they're technical, rapid and left footed. Ikone is especially interesting as he plays as a CAM for Lille, which suggests he should have great vision and passing if he gets converted to a winger
I particularly like the Neres idea, especially if we are transitioning from Sergio to Gabby. They'll have that Brazilian connection which helps.

Just seen Dries Mertens has an 8.5m buyout clause inserted in his contract, we should be all over this. Always rated him. Just seen he's 32yo, maybe not then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.