Who and what’s to blame?

Marque signings needed to replace Kompany and add an extra striker. Jesus is hardly going to terrify mean defences.

We’ll suffer the same problem with Silva too.

Thats not anywhere near as big an issue. Foden has shown in the games he's played that he's capable of coming in. Add to that the fact Bernardo is more than capable of playing in the number eight position. Players like Gundogan and at a push Zinchenko could as well.

Thats not anywhere near as big an issue. Foden has shown in the games he's played that he's capable of coming in. Add to that the fact Bernardo is more than capable of playing in the number eight position. Players like Gundogan and at a push Zinchenko could as well.

Silva is one of the greatest ever in a City shirt. You don’t consider that a loss? Whilst there’s options, a new player in that position is welcome too.

Silva is one of the greatest ever in a City shirt. You don’t consider that a loss? Whilst there’s options, a new player in that position is welcome too.

If we're talking about finding another Silva that's almost impossible to do. If we're talking about players who can fill his position in the team then yeah I think its not a priority to go out and buy for that position. Do you not think Foden is good enough to fill the position?

As for considering Silva leaving a loss, I don't think there's a team in world football who could lose a player like him and not consider it a loss. I reckon I'll be in mourning for years. I still remember the transfer thread around the time of his Arrival by I think it was Tolmie

Foden is very promising but to ask him to fill Silva’s boots is a huge level of pressure. They were calling Michael Johnson the new Colin Bell at one point.

With 125 caps for Spain, Silva is an all-time legend in one of the greatest ever international teams and, in my view, the best player we have had. I understand your point but it is unlikely we will be able to replace him in that position. I am confident though that Pep will be able to change the team's way of playing so we can continue our amazing run of success. Personally I think fatigue (for people like Bernardo) and injuries (especially Laporte) have been the key problems this season. It is really just fine margins. I won't be surprised if we win the Champs League...not a bad consolation prize.

The loss of Laporte has been huge and the inability for Stones to stay fit too. When Stones gets a run of games he looks a class act, but when he is out for long periods he comes back and is rusty as hell and looks bereft of confidence.
I like Rodri but we've sure missed not having Ferna in his best position this season. We've missed not having the option of Sane too, but on the plus side that's given Mahrez and Foden more opportunities.
We're so vulnerable on the counter and remain so as shown at Chelsea. We've looked good since the restart, Chelsea game aside. Next season we have to find a defensive solution that permits us to play the high line we've had so much success with. With the loss of Sane, Silva, we have some big shoes to fill but we must sort the defence, Mendy included.

John Stones is simply a poor signing, he has all the talent in the world but clearly has mentality issues. If he had the mentality of Zabba or Kompany he would be world class, but he has not and never will.

Get rid and move on!

You're probably right. He's had chances but we've never really sorted his inability to stay fit and the confidence side of his game, despite the success

So apart from being a little jaded due to the intensity of the two title winning seasons, we should still have been closer. Of the 8 games lost, 2 x the Rags, 2 x Wolves, 1 x Dippers, Spuds and Chelsea, 1 x Norwich FFS.
You look at that and then look at the capability of our team and just shake your head. At the least you would have expected an additional 12 points out of those fixtures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.