Who are the scouts ?

B B

bluemc1

been thinking lately about signings we have been making and how massively overpriced they are, looking at the lad Newcastle have signed sissoko or something he looks fast, strong, good on the ball and can get goals for what 3.5 million about ? we have paid over 30 million for Rodwell and Garcia, now i know you can say that was just one game he might not turn out to be a world beater but imo those 2 won't either, then Michu for Swansea how much was he 4-5 million ? we paid 26million for Dzeko,
when was the last great find unknown quality for a good price, id say Kompany, Zaba, and i was happy with what we got with De Jong though he was about 14 million
thing is they were hughes signings so do we have the same scouts now ?

Bojan Krkić, Sebastian Arnesen and I think Gary Worthington is still at the club, there are probably more. Gary Worthington was appointed when Hughes was manager

imagesqtbnANd9GcSOgaD6e_KF6N4zElWwV_zps0739d77c.jpg

Scouts can only scout, they don't decide who to sign. Believe me, everyone in the league will have known about the players Newcastle signed, most of them are French internationals.

Its a thread i inteneded to make myself.

We have been far from impressive in the transfer market,is that the fault of scouts or the man who picks from their suggestions?

Either way,someone isnt doing their job very well.

FantasyIreland said:
Its a thread i inteneded to make myself.

We have been far from impressive in the transfer market,is that the fault of scouts or the man who picks from their suggestions?

Either way,someone isnt doing their job very well.

This summer we will see who is on our shortlist of targets. Both Arnesen jnr and Krkić have only been appointed this season, Mancini's coaching staff did a bit of scouting on Javi Garcia and a couple of others who we didn't sign.

What if it's not the scouts who are at fault. Maybe the scouts are coming up with great suggestions, but the man at the top is only interested in marquee signings.

And what happens when these marquee signings don't fancy joining city?

You end up scrambling around on deadline day for whatever's left on the shelf.

What they should do is this. Ask these targets if they fancy it. If they can't commit well before deadline day, then move on. These deals should be sorted out in June, not the last day in August.

We have scouts here, there, and everywhere. One of the most extensive networks in the league and growing. There are always reports of our scouts watching players, there was one in Australia not so long ago even. But as mentioned we've made very little use of it above academy level so far. I suspect this will change as we look for better deals and try to avoid repeats of last summer.

blimp reeny said:
What if it's not the scouts who are at fault. Maybe the scouts are coming up with great suggestions, but the man at the top is only interested in marquee signings.

And what happens when these marquee signings don't fancy joining city?

You end up scrambling around on deadline day for whatever's left on the shelf.

What they should do is this. Ask these targets if they fancy it. If they can't commit well before deadline day, then move on. These deals should be sorted out in June, not the last day in August.

Very good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.